Borsch is the first thing that many of us will think of when we hear the word soup. One of the most popular soups that are found in both Russian and Ukrainian cuisine, as well as the cuisine of many Eastern European countries. Suppose that with differences in recipes and name, but the most important thing is that they always unite, the main vegetable ingredient is beets. Whether it’s a delicious borsch with meat or lean, with cabbage or beans, the right red borsch will always be with beets. This makes him special and loved.
We always associate borsch with a home-made dinner, mom or grandmother in the kitchen and unique aromas of meat and vegetables. I know so many people who have borscht - this is their favorite soup. And I can understand their feelings. By the way, each family has its own tricks and features of cooking delicious borsch. Someone adds pepper, someone adds lemon juice, vegetables are laid out in different sequences, tomatoes and spices, garlic, dumplings, lard. It diversity and the head can spin.
Most recently, I talked about the lean version of borscht, and in this article I want to turn to borscht with meat, my favorite. And I think that many will agree with me.
The easiest recipe for cooking borsch with beef
First of all, I want to tell you how to cook a delicious borsch with meat on beef broth. Beef is lean, tasty and healthy, rich in iron and protein, and also contains B vitamins. Broths that are cooked from meat with bone are especially successful. Of course, you don’t need to cook one bone, but if you have a piece of meat with a small bone, then the broth will definitely turn out to be excellent, thick and rich, but not fat. Therefore, borsch with meat on beef can be considered a dish safe for your figure, the main thing is not to use too much vegetable oil when preparing the frying.
For borscht you will need:
- beef - 400-500 gr (possible with a bone),
- beets - 1 pc large (or 2 small),
- cabbage - 300 grams,
- potatoes - 3-4 pieces,
- carrots - 1-2 pieces,
- onions - 1 piece,
- tomato paste - 2 tablespoons without top,
- garlic and herbs to taste,
- bay leaf - 1-2 pcs.,
- vegetable oil - 2-3 tablespoons,
- salt, peppercorns.
1. A delicious borsch with meat always begins with the preparation of the broth. It is necessary to thoroughly rinse a piece of meat, remove fragments of seeds and put it to simmer on medium heat. In the process of cooking, be sure to constantly remove emerging foam from the surface of the water. If you do not remove it, the broth will be muddy and not tasty. Foam is a protein that is released from meat when heated. As soon as the water boils, reduce the heat to medium or slightly lower, so that there is no active boiling, but only rare bubbles. So the beef will almost languish in the water and get a very tasty broth. Cooking can take from two to three hours, depending on what part of the carcass you used. Check readiness for soft meat.
2. When the meat is soft, you can remove it from the pan to allow it to cool. A little later, cut it into small pieces, which will be convenient to eat. Meanwhile, we will begin to lay vegetables. Peel potatoes, beets and carrots. Cut the potatoes into cubes and put them in a pot in boiling water. Fire can already be added. Cook potatoes for 10 minutes.
3. While the potatoes are being cooked, cut the cabbage into thin strips. Do not make it too long, the slices should be placed in a tablespoon so that it is convenient to eat ready-made soup. Put the cabbage to cook 10 minutes after the potatoes. And cook another 10 minutes.
If you have autumn or winter cabbage, then it cooks longer and is more rigid. In this case, it can be put together with potatoes or in front of it.
4.At this time, put a frying pan with a small amount of vegetable oil on the fire. Finely chop the onion and pour it into the pan. Fry the onion until it becomes transparent and just starts to get a little golden.
5. The next vegetable is also fried in a skillet. It will be carrots, it must be grated on a coarse grater. Do this in advance, so that while you rub it, the onion is not overcooked. Add the grated carrots to the onion and continue to passer, stirring constantly. Carrots and onions should be soft, but not fried until crusted. A crust on roasting will spoil the taste of the soup.
6. When the carrots soften a little and change color, it's time to put the grated beets and tomato paste. You need to add them together because beets during heat treatment begin to lose their saturated burgundy red color, and the acid contained in tomato paste prevents this process and fixes the color. Some culinary specialists add vinegar or citric acid to the soup to fix the color, but this time we will do with tomato paste.
7. Stir the vegetables with tomato paste well and reduce the heat under a skillet. Now prepare the frying over low heat until the beets are slightly softened. You can cover and stew vegetables slightly.
8. While frying is stewed, we check potatoes with cabbage. Catch a spoonful of vegetables and try to cut them with a knife, if it is easy to cut and does not crunch, then they are ready. It's time to return the boiled meat, sliced into pieces, in the cooking soup.
9. Vegetables cooked, frying is ready. It's time to connect them. Transfer the frying to a boiling broth with vegetables and stir well. Cook another 5-7 minutes. Salt the borscht to taste, add the bay leaf and, if desired, a few peas of pepper. Then turn off the stove, cover the soup with a lid and leave it to insist for 15-20 minutes.
10. If you want to add flavor to our delicious borsch with meat, chop finely fresh herbs and garlic. Put in the soup and mix. You can add greens and garlic already in the plates when serving.
Well, that’s our borsch with beef. You can pour it on plates, add sour cream or herbs to taste. Take out fresh rye bread and call everyone to the table.
Borsch with pork ribs - step by step recipe
If you choose from which to cook delicious borsch with meat, then in second place after beef I will have pork ribs. But not smoked, as we use for pea soup, but raw. From them we will cook a good, satisfying broth for borsch, it will be correct and rich, because the ribs are made of meat and bone, and the bone, as you know, is the best friend of a tasty broth.
You will need:
- pork ribs - up to 1 kg,
- beets - 1 piece (large),
- potatoes - 3-4 pieces,
- carrots - 1 piece,
- onion - 1 piece,
- tomato paste - 2 tablespoons,
- cabbage - 250-300 grams (1/4 head of cabbage),
- garlic - 2-3 cloves,
- greens to taste,
- Bay leaf,
- salt and pepper to taste.
1. Rinse the pork ribs thoroughly in running water. Then divide into parts, cutting between the bones of the ribs so that one rib remains in one piece. Too long ribs can be cut in half, but then do not forget to rinse the meat again so that no bone fragments remain. Preheat the pan and fry the ribs on both sides until light brown for 5 minutes. After that, pour water into the pan and put them to boil for about 1 hour. Lightly fried meat will give the broth a golden color and a pleasant taste.
2. While the meat is cooked, you can prepare all the vegetables. Cabbage is peeled from the upper leaves and chopped with small straws. Peel the potato and fill it with cold water so that it does not darken. Peel and grate beets and carrots on a coarse grater. Chop the onion into small squares. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
3. After the meat is cooked, remove it from the pan and set it aside. Later we will return it to the soup when the vegetables are cooked.
4.Cut the potatoes into cubes and toss to the boiling broth for 5-7 minutes.
5. Try cabbage, if it is tough from late varieties, then put it to boil 10 minutes after the potatoes. If she is young summer, then the cabbage is laid after frying and cooked for only 7-10 minutes.
7. Put the onions in a frying pan with heated oil and fry them until soft, then add carrots and beets. Mix everything well and reduce the heating temperature. Simmer vegetables over medium heat for 10 minutes.
8. Add the tomato paste to the roasting, stir and fry for another 5 minutes. Tomato paste will give vegetables a red color and a characteristic smell. It is important not to add fire, otherwise everything will boil and be tasteless.
9. By the time the roast is ready, the cabbage and potatoes in the pan should become softer. Add the frying to the soup and stir. Cook for another 10 minutes over low heat so that it gently gurgles, and does not boil actively. After that, you can add garlic and herbs. Salt and pepper the soup, put the bay leaf.
10. Try all the vegetables to taste, they should be cooked and soft. After that, remove the pan from the heat, return the pork ribs to the borsch and cover with a lid. Let the soup brew for 25-30 minutes. During this time it cools down a little and is saturated with the aromas and tastes of all the ingredients.
You can serve it to the table!
Ukrainian borsch with pork and beans - video recipe
Since we are considering the most delicious ways to cook borsch with meat, then you should not lose sight of Ukrainian borsch. It is without fail prepared on a meat broth and with pieces of meat. To this we add Bulgarian pepper and beans, these are the important ingredients of Ukrainian borsch. The right cooking recipe will help you make a real tasty borsch, and in order not to make a mistake anywhere it is best to watch a very detailed and intuitive video. Do not forget to cook a snack of lard with garlic and put a spoonful of sour cream. Eating!
Navy borsch - a delicious video recipe for meat broth with smoked meats
Lastly, I can’t but mention this delicious recipe for borsch with meat. Navy borsch is cooked not only with boiled meat and on the broth, but also with the addition of fragrant ruddy smoked meats. Have you introduced this taste and smell? For lovers of smoked meats, this soup is just a find, believe me, I am one of them. Classic borscht is certainly out of competition, but it’s worthy variety.
For cooking, we will need products already known to us, you could see their list at the very beginning of the article in the recipe for borsch with beef. But besides the meat on the bone, from which we cook a hearty broth, smoked ribs or shank will take part in the preparation. Beets, cabbage, carrots, potatoes - all these favorite vegetables are in place.
Watch the recipe video and cook delicious borsch with meat in a navy way!
When you write recipes for such delicious dishes, it is very difficult to stop. And it’s even harder not to run to cook them. I don’t know about you, but I’m running to cook borsch! See you next time and cook deliciously!
Description of the dish.
Hello dear visitors!
Today I want to offer you an excellent recipe for soup on the pro-delicious website. And what a classic borscht. For me personally, as I think for many, this is not just a dish, it is part of the culture of my people. And it does not matter who the first to invent it, the inhabitants of Ukraine or Russia, although the authorship certainly belongs to the first. I do not strive for meaningless leadership, I just like to eat delicious food, and borscht is perfect for this.
However, this soup is very useful for the body, due to the nutritional value of the ingredients, as well as low-calorie. You will quickly satisfy your hunger at the same time, get the maximum of all kinds of irreplaceable substances and keep your figure slim.
Separately, it is worth noting that the cooking process is quite easy, even a not very experienced cook will cope with it, the time costs are relatively small. And the purchase of the necessary ingredients will not be a serious blow to the budget.This soup is perfect as one of the main courses on duty for the whole family.
And now we start cooking ...
- Water - 2.5 liters.
- Pork or beef on the bone - 500 g.
- Carrots - 50 g.
- Bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- Peppercorns - 2 g.
- Onions - 50 g.
- Beets - 100 g.
- White cabbage - 100 g.
- Potato - 200 g.
- Carrots - 100 g.
- Tomatoes - 100 g.
- Sweet pepper - 40 g.
- Garlic - 15 g (3 cloves).
- Tomato paste - 30 g (1 tbsp).
- Sugar - 8 g (1 tsp).
- Salt - 15 g (1 tbsp without slide).
- Sunflower oil for frying - 40-50 ml (4 tbsp).
- Greens and sour cream for serving - optional.
Recipe of dish.
Prepare the ingredients. My vegetables, root vegetables are peeled, we remove the top leaves from cabbage, we cut the stalk from pepper and tomatoes. We remove seeds from sweet pepper. Rinse the meat better with running water.
We start cooking the soup by cooking the broth.
In the pan we put the meat on the bones, peeled whole onions and carrots, peas and bay leaves. Fill the contents of the dishes with cold water (2.5 l).
We cook the broth at maximum heat until boiling, then reduce to a power lower than average (3-4 out of 9). The cooking time of the broth depends on the type of meat. For pork, 1-1.5 hours are enough, but beef must be boiled all 2-2.5 hours.
Do not forget to remove the foam that appears on the surface of the water during cooking (if it adheres to the surface of the pan, remove it with a clean cloth), otherwise the broth will turn cloudy.
20-30 minutes before the end of cooking the liquid base of the soup, prepare its filling.
To do this, grind beets and carrots, I do this with a Korean carrot grater.
Fry beets in a hot frying pan with oil with medium heat.
Immediately add the carrots to it and, stirring occasionally, fry the vegetables for about 3 minutes together.
Meanwhile, thinly chop the bell pepper.
Add it to the roast. Cook the mixture for another 2-3 minutes.
Cut the tomatoes into a medium cube.
Fry the tomatoes in a pan with other vegetables, also 2-3 minutes.
Then add the tomato paste (1 tbsp) and the garlic, passed through the press, to the frying pan, mix and simmer the contents of the dishes over low heat for about another 5 minutes.
Finely chop the cabbage.
The broth is ready. Now it needs to be filtered. We separate the meat from the bones, we still need it, and discard the rest.
Then we drop the cabbage into the rich liquid and cook it over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
Cut the potatoes into a large cube.
Add the root crop to the cabbage. We continue to cook the soup for another 10-15 minutes.
Boiled meat, separated from the bone, cut into small pieces. Then it can be slightly fried in a pan with oil (about 5 minutes).
The potatoes are almost cooked, now you can add the previously cooked frying and meat to the soup.
Cook the contents of the pan for about 5 minutes.
Last of all, add salt (1 tbsp) to our dish. Then we cover the pan with a lid and let the soup brew for another 5-10 minutes.
Pour rich and fragrant and delicious borsch on plates and serve with greens and sour cream.
Classic borsch with meat - general principles of cooking
All that is needed for borsch is meat, it is better to use brisket, and vegetables.
Vegetables are cut into thin strips, the beets are stewed, and all other vegetables are slightly fried: fats absorb and retain aromatic substances, essential oils that are contained in the roots. In addition, the coloring matter of carrots and tomatoes dissolves in fats and gives the appetizer a delicious appearance.
An important condition for successful cooking is the correct sequence of bookmarking products. Since the heat treatment of beets, for example, is quite lengthy, in order to preserve the color, citric acid or lemon juice and tomato puree are added to the tip of the knife.
Together with fried roots and onions, spices should be added to the borsch. At the end of cooking, it is recommended to add sweet Bulgarian pepper.
Borsch brought to readiness is left to insist (for twenty minutes), then served to the table.
Buckwheat porridge, pancakes, cheesecakes, pies, pies, kulebyaki, donuts with garlic are served to borsch. Bon Appetit!
Classic borsch with meat
• Six hundred grams of pork ribs,
• Beef pulp - three hundred grams,
• One tea. l granulated sugar
• One table. l acetic acid
• Four hundred grams of cabbage,
• Salt, pepper, herbs.
Vegetables are washed and peeled. The beans are soaked, after swelling - boil.
The meat is washed and set to cook on low heat (for one hour). Add the whole onion, carrot, peppercorns, salt and parsley.
Beets and carrots are cut into strips, the tomato is cut into cubes, and all this is fried in a pan. Add onions, peppers, sugar. Then pour a little acetic acid and broth, leave to simmer.
When the broth is boiled, meat is taken out of it. Potatoes, sliced, beans and shredded cabbage are added to the pan.
Cook until half cooked and add roasting. Boiled meat is cut and sent to the pan.
Allow to boil and remove from heat. Within half an hour, borsch should be infused. Serve sprinkled with chopped herbs.
"Green" borsch with meat (classic recipe)
• Three hundred grams of meat,
• Tomato (one) or tomato paste (two tablespoons. L.),
The meat is boiled and removed from the broth. Rice is washed and added to the broth along with grated carrots and potatoes.
Dressing is prepared: one large carrot, onion, beets are wiped on a grater and fried. Beets can be put more. Rubbed tomato or tomato paste into the fry.
The next step is adding sorrel, dill and parsley to the borsch. At the end of cooking, add chopped bell pepper and roast. Served on a table with half a boiled egg, sour cream. Extraordinary tasty!
The classic recipe for Ukrainian borsch with meat
• Salted or fresh tomatoes - 3,
• A glass of sauerkraut,
The meat is washed, poured with water and put on fire, after boiling, remove the foam and reduce the gas.
Prepare the vegetables. Peel potatoes, carrots and onions.
Peeled potatoes are cut into slices and pour into the broth. Also add carrots and onions, diced, peas and pepper parsley.
After everything boils for ten to fifteen minutes, add sauerkraut.
While the borsch continues to cook, the beets are cut into strips and fried in a skillet. Add chopped carrots and chopped onions.
At the end, tomatoes are added to the roasting. Fry is poured into boiling broth.
Add crushed garlic. They let it boil, let it brew and serve it with sour cream.
The classic recipe for Russian borsch with meat
• Three hundred grams of beef meat,
• Fresh cabbage - four hundred grams,
• Garlic (three to four feathers),
• Half a glass of tomato puree or 4-5 fresh tomatoes,
• Two hundred grams of fat,
• Pork fat (fifty grams),
• Bulgarian and ground pepper,
The meat is poured with water and set to cook on low gas.
Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables. Beets are cut into strips, salted, sprinkled with lemon juice. All mix, put in pots or a deep frying pan, add fat, tomato puree, sugar. Leave to simmer.
Parsley roots are peeled, finely chopped onion and fried.
Sliced potatoes are added to the cooked strained broth. Then drop chopped cabbage and cook for ten minutes. Add fried vegetables, bell pepper, seasonings.
When serving, add sour cream, meat, greens to the table.
How to cook a classic borsch with meat
Borsch is a national Ukrainian soup, which, however, is very popular in our country. Its main feature is a rich red color, which is achieved by adding beets to the broth.
|beef meat -||600 grams|
|beets -||2 pieces|
|carrot -||1 piece|
|cabbage -||300 grams|
|onion -||1 head|
|tomato paste -||2 tablespoons|
|acetic acid -||1 tbsp. a spoon|
|greens -||to your taste|
|salt, spices -||to your taste|
|water -||3 l|
|Cooking time: 60 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 29 Kcal|
First of all, you need to boil the meat broth. After boiling, it is required to constantly monitor the broth and remove the resulting foam from the surface. Cover the boiling broth with a lid, reduce gas to a minimum and leave the meat to cook for 15-20 minutes.
In the meantime, prepare the vegetables. We shred the cabbage into small straws, carrots and beets in three coarser grapes, chop the onion.
We spread carrots, beets and onions on a hot frying pan, and, constantly stirring, bring to a golden color.
After frying vegetables, put tomato paste in a pan, add vinegar and cover the whole mixture with a lid, letting the vegetables stew for about 10 minutes.
After 20 minutes from the moment of boiling the broth, put chopped cabbage in it, salt, pepper, and leave to simmer for another 20 minutes.
In the finished broth, put the vegetables from the pan, turn off the gas under the pan, and leave the soup to stand in this state for 10 minutes.
Ready soup can be sprinkled with fresh herbs on top, and seasoned with a spoonful of mayonnaise or sour cream.
Borsch with pork meat
For the preparation of a 3-liter soup, the following amount of ingredients will be required:
- pork meat - 500 grams,
- beets - 2 pieces,
- large carrot - 1 piece,
- large onion - 1 piece,
- cabbage - 1 small head of cabbage,
- greens to your taste
- salt and pepper to your taste
- leaves of parsley - 2 pieces,
- tomato paste - 2 tablespoons.
Estimated Cooking Time: 1 hour 20 minutes.
The energy value of borsch with pork meat per 100 g: 40.9 kcal.
The first step is to prepare the meat. We wash the pork with crumbs and not large cubes. We put in a pan with bay leaves and cook for 30 minutes, constantly removing the scum that has formed with a spoon.
We chop the cabbage into small straws and after boiling the meat, put it in a pan with broth. Add salt and the necessary seasonings to taste. We cover the saucepan with a lid and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
In the meantime, prepare the roasting. We wipe the carrots and beets through a coarse grater, and chop the onion with medium-sized cubes. We spread the vegetables in a frying pan with oil and fry over low heat, stirring occasionally so as not to burn. Before cooking, add tomato paste to vegetables, mix well, turn off the gas and leave to fry vegetables under the lid.
Take a note of the recipe with step-by-step photos of children's cupcakes that can be served at a sweet table.
The recipe for classic sorrel soup is here.
What to cook for the second fast and tasty - the most original selection of recipes.
How to cook borsch in a slow cooker
The following products are needed on a multicooker with a bowl volume of 5 l:
- meat (beef, brisket) - 800 grams,
- potatoes - 500 grams,
- beets - 100 grams,
- carrot - 100 grams,
- onion - 100 grams,
- cabbage - 200 grams,
- vegetable oil - 4 tablespoons,
- lemon juice - 3 teaspoons,
- tomato paste - 1 tbsp. a spoon,
- salt - 1 tbsp. a spoon,
- pepper and herbs to your taste.
Estimated cooking time: 60 minutes + 30 minutes - the preparation time of the products.
The energy value of borscht per 100 grams: 24.5 kcal.
The selected meat needs to be washed well and cleaned of small veins and remaining seeds, and then cut into small portioned cubes.
You need to chop the cabbage into strips, cut the potatoes into cubes, slices or cubes - as you like. Three carrots and beets on a grater or cut into strips - here the choice also depends on taste preferences. Cut the onion into small cubes.
Pour the sunflower oil into the multicooker bowl, and, turning on the “frying” mode, pour the onion into it. Fry until golden brown, then add carrots to the bowl and fry for three minutes. Add beets and pour vegetables with lemon juice so that the beets retain their color.We fry for another 2-3 minutes, after which we add the tomato paste, mix everything well and turn off the “frying” mode.
On the prepared vegetable mixture, put the meat cubes, potatoes and cabbage. The sequence of layers can not be respected, all the same, when cooking, everything will mix up. Pour 2.5 liters of water into the bowl, add leaves of parsley, salt and pepper, cover the lid of the multichotter and put it into the soup cooking mode for 50 minutes, setting the maximum pressure power. During this time, the meat should boil well.
After a signal of readiness, let the soup brew for 10 minutes. Serve the borscht with seasoning with sour cream or mayonnaise, and if desired, sprinkle with fresh herbs or garlic.
STEP-BY-STEP COOKING RECIPE
Ukrainian borsch has many faces: its composition varies depending on the area in which it appeared or became traditional. Kiev borscht differs from Poltava, Lviv - from Chernihiv, Galitsky from Volyn. The difference also lies in the meat used for the broth or a combination of meat varieties: beef, pork, poultry, in the method of processing beets: stewed, baked, boiled until half-cooked or fermented, in the set of vegetables and additional ingredients - beans, prunes, apples, sweet pepper . And it would be nice to serve pampushki to Ukrainian borsch - small yeast buns smeared with garlic.
For serving classic borsch with meat, many will obviously miss the garlic pampushki. You can cook them one of three recipes: first, second and third.
Borsch - a classic dish of Slavic cuisine. Borscht thick vegetable soup, the main ingredient.
Soup recipes are incredibly varied. Hot and cold, light and very satisfying, transparent and.
Classic hodgepodge soup will go perfectly on the second or third day of the holiday - when the people.
The proposed recipe and technology do not pretend to be authentic, nor ethnographic, nor.
You can argue as much as you like about how to cook borsch with meat or what is the classic recipe for borsch with meat. How many housewives - so many opinions. For myself, I made a couple of conclusions: 1) vegetables must be burned in a dry frying pan, which is for borsch, and for cooking the broth. I always burn the onion head, cut in half, a carrot (prepared also) and a couple of cloves of garlic. 2) it’s better not to boil cabbage for a classic borscht than to digest it. let it be a little al dente than creep in a plate with borsch. 3) I also do not like to use vinegar, if it is not balsamic. but even balsamic is not needed for such a wonderful classic of Slavic cuisine, and even with meat. it is better to add lemon juice, or as someone below accurately and correctly noticed - pomegranate juice. 4) seasonings and serving of borsch - a very important thing! recently visited Rostov-on-Don and there the market could not tear myself away from pickled plums. here they would definitely not be superfluous in borsch. cut them in half, remove the stone, chop coarsely and together with 1-2 tbsp. l mustard, sugar and salt marinade - clap and borsch. beauty! and if you take parsley, then only young. she even has a special aroma - a garden, not a store. How else? for the classic borsch with meat - all the best.
This is a recipe for cooking borscht. DO NOT NEED. I’m about like Vladimir only with beetroot salad and no one has ever complained. I throw the cabbage at the very end. as soon as the cabbage boiled immediately turn off
In vain, chewing on Vladimir, his recipe is exactly the one that my great-grandmother and grandmother prepared. And now my mother, I, aunt, and a bunch of relatives. They simply didn’t bother with beets, just large, not fodder and not vinaigrette and not vinegar. You still "maggie" throw there :(
I prefer not to spoil the whole pot with vinegar - I add pomegranate juice to my plate (you can also have lemon or the same vinegar). And so, we must be simpler, gentlemen - and it will turn out tastier. All "delights" often spoil the idea itself. )))
Peel the roots or at least scrape or wash them with a brush, do not peel the onions and carrots, only burn them.
But do not clean the carrots and onions in Step 1 and the bunch of roots?
I read borsch debate. In my opinion, people forget that culinary processing is not valuable in itself, but in order to make it easier for the body to absorb chemical elements from existing products, proteins, fats and carbohydrates. The working conditions of a person and the presence of a specific type of plant in a given climatic zone dictates the advisability of using certain ingredients, processing agents, fat content, etc. There is beetroot, excellent, another grows, well, then we will process the one that is.
Natalka, so that you know that this is how they cook borsch in Ukraine in many areas, by the way, I know that the recipe is similar to Kuban. Cabbage should not be overcooked! Have you tried this? It’s unlikely. Otherwise, you wouldn’t say that. cabbage in borscht is snot. And we have beets, which is called borscht. And the smell of old bacon is a separate accent! Well, haven’t you tried, why are you denying it? Vinegar, the purple color of borscht will not cause any appetite in any of my family . Do not get used, we are a sort of brew).
The recipe is interesting, and some comments (Vladimir, Borisman - by the way, it seemed that this was the same writing style) surprised to shock. Ukraine does not smell in the recipes of commentators. There are several beet varieties, and among them there is a dining room (maroon, without veins, flattened shape) that people eat, and fodder (pink, whitish, with veins), which, for example, in the Kiev region, was always given only to livestock - cows pigs. Rude she. The second point, which was simply frightening, was the addition of Suneli hop to the Ukrainian borsch. I really love this seasoning in Georgian dishes, but what does the Ukrainian borsch have to do with it? And of course, lovers of crisp cabbage in borsch were very pleased. Here, as they say, just no comment. Mistresses, especially young ones, keep honor from a young age! :) In order not to lose your beloved husband, never use the recipes offered by Vladimir and Borisman!
Very correct recipe! I also do something like this and it turns out very tasty. Thank you !!
No matter whose cuisine this recipe belongs to, the most important thing is that the dish is delicious! Thanks to the author for the recipe!
No matter whose cuisine this recipe belongs to, the most important thing is that the dish is delicious! Thanks to the author for the recipe!
uh, I read straight) ladies and gentlemen, do not forget that borsch is a dish of Slavic cuisine. they prepare it both in Ukraine, in their own way, and in Russia. Russia is big. there is a south with its climate, certain products and with its taste preferences (similar to Ukraine). there is a central part, northern, eastern - and they cook everywhere in different ways, taking into account local products and established family culinary traditions. I'm from Peter. in my family, they always added a spoonful of vinegar, just the same (Ukrainians, only without tantrums!)) in order to preserve the color. and the beetroot soup is an exceptionally cold summer dish, which, by the way, is also added to vinegar)) with bell pepper, things were like this - when the season (late summer-fall) is not expensive, then mom sometimes added. in winter - no. in general, everything was simple - sometimes some foods were added, sometimes they were reduced (lard, various greens, peppers, tomatoes). nevertheless, the main ingredients of borscht are the same - minced meat, beets, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, onions, garlic, parsley, peas and salt. and then you can experiment))
I agree with the recipe for borsch Vladimir! I live in Ukraine, Dnepropetrovshchina. It’s also exactly cook with us. Beetroot color of borscht is not welcome, as well as the presence of vinegar. Namely borscht beetroot, and the color is achieved by fresh or sour mashed tomatoes or real homemade juice or fruit drink. And it is correctly written about cabbage, it is cooked a little and should crunch. And if it’s old bacon . It is simply an indescribable spirit.I tried different recipes, but this is my favorite one, the taste is combined of all vegetables. And in the recipes where the beets are acidified with vinegar, the taste of beets still prevails. And these soups are called beetroots. Vladimir, the recipe, he will understand that this is what you need! Super borsch!
Yes, lemon juice works just like vinegar.
Dear, who will tell you about maintaining a bright color - does lemon juice give the same effect as vinegar? By the way, I notice that borscht recipes on the Internet are similar to pilaf recipes - in both cases, the publication reveals tantrum-prone citizens who for some reason refuse to understand that borscht is not only Ukrainian (which is also not the same species), and pilaf is not only Uzbek.
This borsch is a basic recipe, dear authors, be more modest, calling your dish basic, you lose your credibility, so you have not tried any other options .. this is not a basic recipe and not at all borsch, but a version of beetroot soup and cabbage soup, so to speak, an average version , which is more suitable for the population of the central part of Russia, where initially these soups are most often cooked, where cabbage can be stewed or languished for hours, where it is practically impossible to buy beetroot beetroot, in any case, being with my son in Moscow I was looking for large enough m vegetable market, but I found and replaced the pink. What was the amazement of the sellers when they heard what happens besides beetroot and pink beets, borsch beets. Real Ukrainian borscht has nothing to do with this recipe, our grandmothers always cooked plain food with a limited number of ingredients and did not sit near the pan for days, but the kitchen was unusually tasty, as an example, pay attention to the cuisine of the Caucasus or Spain - always plain dishes but taste. and this borscht most likely resembles a variant of Italian or French intricate cuisine. Every time I come to Moscow, they ask me to cook borsch, although they can cook such a meal as they themselves, the beets really have to be brought from Krasnodar. Can you imagine our grandmothers picking the broth? or discarded boiled vegetables in it? By the way, this makes no sense because no one can distinguish whether a ready-made soup is filtered. if you cook transparent soups, I agree, and even not so, you will pick and hodgepodge and pickle and shurpa. As for vinegar, did you try borsch with vinegar the next day? it's slops. As for the color of beets, which he should preserve, if you think that borsch should be purple, then this (I repeat) is a beetroot. Cabbage must definitely crunch, by the way, the taste of borsch depends on its quality. Now let me give you a recipe for borscht, as my grandmother, who lived in Ukraine for most of her life, and how they cook now in the villages of Krasnodar, cooked. I do not use the word BASIC and REAL. So the recipe: the broth is most often cooked on the beef brain bone, the aesthetic moment is the beef broth is transparent, and when you cook from the brain bone, beautiful golden spots of fat float on the surface. As soon as the meat boils, add half of the very finely chopped onion, salt and if this thing happens in the summer, then whole non-marketed tomatoes are cracked and overripe. Approximately in the middle of cooking, CUTED, not grated BROWN beet, is added with thin bars (you need a skill, just like in a real pilaf carrots are cut and not rubbed on a grater). The borsch beet in the section has the appearance of alternating stripes of white and pink. In the absence of such beets, my grandmother acted as follows: sticks of pink beets (not venereal, it is sweet and very purple) were soaked in water several times changing the water to leave the color. While the broth is being cooked, the so-called frying or frying is being prepared.In vegetable oil (There was no odorless vegetable oil before, so frying was prepared using pork fat), the finely chopped second half of the medium onion is fried and chopped carrots with very thin transparent sticks (as an option for especially lazy carrots, you can grate it roughly like on Korean carrots) the onion is fried until it starts to golden and then the carrots are added. Carrots stew for several minutes until soft. Chopped potatoes are added to the broth so that at the end of cooking it boils a little bit. Then tomatoes are caught from the broth, rubbed in a colander with a spoon (as my grandmother did and now of course there are a lot of small useful strainers) to remove the skin and part of the seeds and put it on the frying pan, it turns out about more than half a small 20 cm aluminum Soviet frying pan (why it’s not so tasty). In the absence of tomatoes, good quality tomato juice is used, generally slightly sour. You can wipe canned tomatoes. For the winter, my grandmother was preparing a dressing for borscht, which included bell pepper and sour tomatoes, parsley celery root. But this is ideal. The presence of grated roots in a roast is only welcome! While the roast gurgles (it should boil a little), the cabbage is shredded. The taste of borscht depends on its quality. Delicious cabbage - delicious borscht, preferably pickled cabbage. It is not bitter and white. There should be a lot of cabbage that will remain on the salad. Favorite spices are added to the roasting. We put it in the hops and other dried herbs, in the broth - bay leaf. Turn off the frying. From the broth, take out a bone, pour cabbage there, pour the roast and pour a bunch of chopped greens, dill, and parsley. If there is bell pepper, it can be added either at the end of the frying, or before cabbage into a broth cut thinly with a quarter ring. Let it boil and cook for 2-3. minutes are not 20-30. Cover and let stand for 10-15 minutes without wrapping anything on the stove. Serve with sour cream, with brown bread, with bacon, chopped into thin plates on a plate, in general, this is for an amateur who likes it .. Of course, do not forget about the bone in the plate or a piece of meat cut from it, with a streak of beef fat. Now about the old fat .... Unusual aroma and taste gives this seasoning, but. You need to get used to it, and then you won’t drag it by the ears, I judge by my children, at first they don’t eat such borsch, then they get it and then they love it! But these are again options, of course you can get by. For connoisseurs, I’m telling you: a piece of old bacon with about an eraser is cut very finely, a little chopped onion is added a little, crushed in a mortar or spoon on a cutting board to make a plasticine mass. Here it is added along with frying and cabbage. Borsch is cooked very quickly and not intricately, allowing you to do other household chores between operations and not stand and conjure over a pan. In the summer in the heat, such borscht is unusually tasty also when cold from the refrigerator - without warming up.
Thank you very good borschts))))))))))) I’m directly waiting for my work to appreciate))))
Forty minutes is not enough. During this time, the broth will gain some strength, but the meat does not have time to lose all its taste.
how much time do you need to cook meat? written in the recipe 40 min. is it not enough?
I grew up and studied cooking in Ukr "ini ridny! My aunts would have beaten me with basins in the bathhouse if they had known that I had a store tomato in a borscht. I GO. Actually, in the season we put sweet tomatoes, we harvested the tomato in winter, we called it fruit drinks The cabbage really should crunch the most, and this is the skill of the real mistress - not to miss this important moment! And, for God's sake, a little vinegar. And the beetroot should be stewed over a slow fire, and a little sugar slightly - sugar in any dish shows a taste.By the way, now you can put tomatoes of a good firm, peeled in your own juice, in winter, put them into a pan with a blender and almost at the end of cooking, let it boil and turn it off. Grind fresh garlic and dill right in a bowl and pour on a hot soup. And I cook a little piece of old fat in borsch, and then throw it away - the taste remains, but less fat.
finally I got a delicious borsch :) thanks, great recipe. Vinegar added a homemade 1 dessert spoon. Otherwise, everything is strictly prescription.
Vinegar is added to beets when stewed to enhance color. Sugar is needed to soften the acidity of borsch. And there is natural vinegar - apple. Better yet, instead of vinegar, add squeezed lemon juice.
Good detailed recipe. I just boiled such a borshchik, it turned out sour .. Apparently one and a half tablespoons of acetic acid is too much .. Next time I'll try to replace it with lemon juice ..
Dear! Cook the basic Borsch according to this recipe and you will be happy! I’ll also put in my 5 kopecks - to get closer to the classic Ukrainian borsch, crushed garlic with old bacon is put in it at the end. Yes, and I would have thrown cabbage 5 minutes before the end of cooking, for 1 hour of insisting, it will reach it. Moreover, I recommend that you remove the pan from the stove at home and wrap it with thermal insulation such as quilted jackets, this will significantly increase the effect of "insisting". Although without this, the recipe is good! I’ve been cooking it for almost 20 years now. But this is not the manufacture of explosives and the variations are very useful! Variations with components can be very wide! This is beans and sweet as well as hot peppers and many more vegetables. It is customary to cook the same dish according to a strict recipe only in catering establishments - canteens and restaurants. There, the client should get what it expects by trying at least once “this” in a specific “access point”. For home cooking or special wishes, any wishes can be fulfilled, especially without experimentation you will not recognize a new taste. Thanks again for the recipe for people who want to start cooking the right dishes.
Thank you very much, I gave a link to the recipe to a friend who first cooked borsch - the result pleased!))) In our family, instead of vinegar, fresh lemon juice is added, and if vinegar is really a little quality wine. If we close our tomato in the summer, then we add it, if not, then the prepared pasta is extra or premium, I don’t see a problem. For Borisman. Oh, well, just a nightmare. And you did not try to cook first, and then judge so (to put it mildly) strictly? You know, it’s not very nice to read the recipe you are going to cook when your future dinner is called. Em. non-drinking terms. Please take care of the appetite of others, even strangers to you, people =)
Speaking of vinegar, tomato paste and other industrial products used in cooking, dear commentators for some reason imply their extremely low quality. Why so? What makes it difficult to buy Italian tomato paste, or good wine vinegar? I guess nothing. For Borisman: Thank you for reading us! Obviously, such a detailed commentary requires an equally detailed answer. So. Firstly, the process of pre-frying onions and carrots is described in sufficient detail: "2 minutes, without changing color, then set aside" - no matter how young and inexperienced your housewife is, you should certainly be smart enough to follow these instructions. Secondly, vinegar. OK, in 2002, with which the recipe dates, there was some tension with good wine vinegar in Russia. Yes, we used alcohol vinegar in the recipe. However, one and a half spoons of what vinegar you want, taken on such a quantity of products, will not affect the final taste of the dish in a catastrophic way described by you. As for the aforementioned "ventricles" - I suppose, in principle, borsch is not shown to them. Thirdly, sugar. First of all, we do not agree with your opinion regarding its mortal nature.And it is added to borsch in order to even out tastes in an elementary way - just like salt, pepper, zest, grated parmesan, soy sauce and other tasteful ingredients are added. Many chefs do this, and we see no reason to deny their many years of practice. As for the preparation catalysts, we know a few of them, but neither carrots nor beets are among them. Regarding the cooking time of cabbage. More precisely, should the cabbage crunch in the finished borsch. We believe in no case. You - that is just what you need. Obviously, this is a matter of taste. In our favor, we can argue that borsch is an ultra-traditional soup in which the ingredients must be ultra-traditionally prepared. And that only in this case they form the very complex flavoring composition that we are looking for, starting to cook borsch.
Anyone who cooks with tomato paste, vinegar and all kinds of similar chemistry there, forget that in addition to taste (there is a taste in the anacoma), you also need some benefit. But with fresh tomatoes from the garden (in winter with tomato), herbs and quality meat you get and very tasty and certainly healthy. And the recipe is somehow complicated, everything ingenious is simple!
I read the comments and was horrified. It’s how many people haven’t tried a really tasty borscht if they praise it. Yes, turn on the elementary brains and everything will become clear. Immediately I want to apologize for my lack of restraint, although I try my best to keep myself on the brakes! Why? I explain. Let's imagine that after the wedding night, the newly-married spouse, leaving for work, says to her beloved, now legitimate wife: “Beloved, I’m going to work, and you, so that the time would not seem endless without me, please prepare to my arrival, my beloved borsch. This will kill you 2 hares: time will pass quickly and there will be something to replenish my strength after hard physical work to please you, my joy all night! " The wife, not wanting to upset her desired by the fact that she does not know how to cook, modestly lowered her gaze and smiled shyly, which the husband took as agreement. And then came the crucial moment. SHE decided to cook. Fortunately, all young people are advanced and using the Internet you can find the answer to any question and solve any problem. Having visited the culinary site, she easily finds the recipe for borsch and without hesitation she chooses the first recipe she has found, in which she writes a similar nonsense. I apologize, but I can not give another definition of the so-called borscht. Why? In order not to be unfounded - I explain: well, firstly, in order to fry onions, carrots and beets not just 2 tbsp. l rast. oil, 5 is not enough. As a result, the young housewife in the best case will get frying in places burnt due to lack of fat. Which as a result will affect the taste and necessarily the smell! Secondly: vinegar. Besides the fact that, to put it mildly, it’s not very useful especially for the “ventricles” - heartburn after such borsch is ensured for him, he also beats off the taste and smell going into a bouquet that cannot be repeated, but intensifying, I’m not afraid of this word, the smell of beets, even if she was well stewed. Thirdly: sugar. Not only do we eat this white death with all sorts of drinks, so we also need to add it to the first courses. Why, please tell me, is sugar being put? Can anyone answer? If anyone doesn’t know, I’ll explain that sugar is put not for taste at all, but to make the dish cook faster. But why should she, a young mistress and a loving wife, rush? After all, she cooks meat, i.e., cook the broth on low heat so that the broth is not cloudy and tasty. And the speed of cooking has never tasted the dish. But that is not all. The fact is that it accelerates the preparation of borscht, in our version, carrots and beets. They are the substitutes for sugar.So why add more? The utter nonsense lies in the fact that, according to the recipe, our cook should put sugar at the end of the preparation of borsch! And why then do you need this sugar bookmark at all? We eat further, in - fourth: most of all I am shocked by the 8th step. This is the bookmark of cabbage and potatoes. How much is the potato cooked? - Up to 20 minutes And how much is cabbage cooked? Which according to the recipe is put before our young mistress puts the potatoes? Will you eat cabbage, which was cooked in total, according to the recipe for 20 minutes plus for an hour languished under the lid when the borsch was insisted? Yes, you will not hear her taste. The only thing you will feel is that something soft and not pleasantly tasteless is spreading on your teeth. After laying the cabbage, the borsch should boil for a maximum of 3 minutes. and then if the cabbage is not young. Then she does not lose her taste, is juicy and crunches on her teeth like a cucumber. And finally: borscht must be insisted, but not like 1 hour. Yes, during this time he will have time to cool down))))))! 20 minutes is enough with the head! Now imagine what a shock our worker will experience when he comes home from work and tastes this stew. I would not want to be in his place. If anyone liked this recipe, then there are 2 options: the 1st option is the hostess (and as a rule, these are our dear women) is not an amateur in cooking and did not adhere to this recipe thoroughly in order to improve its taste, and the 2nd option - if the borsch is cooked in all respects you liked the recipe, I sincerely feel sorry for you. You didn’t eat really tasty borsch! I apologize again! I didn’t want to offend anyone. The sole purpose of my review is to pay tribute to the recipe! Do not blindly believe what is written. On the fence is also written.
horror, not borsch. where in vinegar could vinegar come from ?! I am already silent about potatoes, which during the preparation of the first borscht in Europe simply did not exist. if I were cooking this, my husband would have kicked me out of the house.
Ukrainian borsch: classic recipe
A step-by-step recipe for Ukrainian borsch will allow you to cook this first dish in a national special style. In Ukraine, borsch is considered the main first course. A small piece of fat is added to the recipe, because Ukrainians love it very much, and in almost all national dishes there is lard or lard.
- pork or beef - 0.5 kg,
- potatoes - 5-6 pcs.,
- white cabbage - 0.4 kg,
- tomato paste - 2 tbsp. l.,
- beets - 1 pc.,
- onions - 1 pc.,
- carrots - 1 pc.,
- vinegar 9% - 1 tbsp. l.,
- lard - 50 g
- salt - 0.5 tbsp. l.,
- bay leaf - 1 pc.,
- chili pepper - 2 rings,
- fresh tomatoes - 2 pcs.,
- fresh dill - 15 g.,
- bell pepper - 1/2 pcs.,
- water - 3 l
- ground black pepper - 0.5 tsp.
Advice! Fat can be replaced with a tablespoon of lard.
- Cook meat for about an hour if it is pork and two to three hours if it is beef (so beef will be soft and tender). At the very end, add salt in the specified amount.
- As soon as the meat broth is ready, we throw potatoes cut into cubes into it and cook over low heat.
- We will prepare the dressing in fat. To do this, cut the skin from the fat, and cut the flesh into cubes. We heat the fat in a pan over low heat.
- In melted lard, add diced onions and carrots, which are pre-cut into thin bars. Fry a couple of minutes.
- Add the grated beets to the roasting, cover with a lid and simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Using a slotted spoon, we take out ½ part of the boiled potatoes, knead in a mortar and add to the frying. Following the potatoes, we send the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste and garlic cloves passed through the press into the pan. Mix everything, simmer for a couple of minutes, remove from heat and pour into a pan where vegetables are cooked.
- We bring the vegetables to a boil, pour the diced bell pepper, ground pepper, chili pepper, lavrushka into them, pour in acetic acid (can be replaced with lemon juice), salt, and cook for 10-15 minutes on a moderate flame.
- At the end of cooking, pour shredded cabbage into the borsch, bring to a boil and immediately add chopped dill, then immediately remove from heat and let the dish brew for a little more than an hour.
- Serve Ukrainian borsch with sour cream and garlic pampushkas.
The classic recipe for borsch: step by step with a photo
For the classic borscht recipe, we need:
- Beef meat - 1 kg.
- Beets - 2-3 pcs.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Onions - 2 pcs.
- Garlic - 4-5 cloves.
- Cabbage - 500 gr.
- Tomatoes in their own juice (can be replaced with tomato paste or homemade tomato sauce) - 400-500 gr.
- Celery - 1 stalk.
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 pc.
- Potatoes - 1-2 pcs.
- Bay leaf - 1-2 pcs.
- Dill, parsley - 1-2 branches.
- Sunflower oil for frying.
- Lemon - 1 pc. (can be replaced with 9% vinegar - 1 tablespoon)
- Salt, sugar, black pepper - to taste.
A step-by-step recipe for a classic delicious borsch.
|Cook the meat broth. Various herbs and roots can be used. A couple of chilli peppers can be added for spiciness, but that's to your taste.|
|All vegetables are cut into strips. Chop greens and mix with minced garlic.|
|From the cooked broth we take out the meat and parse it into fibers, and then finely chop it.|
|Fry carrots, beets and onions in vegetable oil.|
|Add tomatoes in your own juice or tomato paste and mix|
|We breed with water.|
|Add sugar, salt, pepper and lemon juice (or 9% vinegar) and simmer on low heat until the beets are ready|
|Add boiled cabbage to the boiling broth|
|Followed by potatoes|
|Add vegetable mixture to broth|
|We let it boil, remove the foam, if it has appeared and then remove it from the stove.|
|Add chopped herbs with garlic.|
|We serve borsch with donuts.|
Moscow borsch with beef
Another interesting recipe for cooking borsch, this time in the Moscow style with beef meat.
We will need the following products:
- beef - 1 kg
- beets - 1 pc.,
- cabbage - ½ kachana,
- carrots - 1 pc.,
- onions - 1 pc.,
- potatoes - 5 pcs.,
- red bell pepper - 1 pc.,
- tomato paste - 2 tbsp. l.,
- acetic acid 9% - 1 tsp,
- granulated sugar - 1 tsp.,
- water - 4 l
- garlic - 2 cloves,
- salt and pepper to taste.
- We wash the meat under cool running water, put it in a pan and pour the water so that it covers the beef. Cook until tender.
- We take the meat from the pan, filter the broth through a sieve, and cut the beef piece into several parts. Throw back into the broth.
- Finely chop the onion, grate the carrots and beets on a coarse grater.
- We are preparing a gas station. To do this, fry the onions with carrots in a pan with the addition of vegetable oil, until golden brown, add beets, sugar, acetic acid, pour half a glass of broth and simmer for half an hour.
- We put the container with the meat component on the fire, bring it to a boil, add finely chopped cabbage, after 15 minutes add chopped potatoes to the pan, bell pepper chopped into thin strips, pour the dressing, salt, pepper and cook until the potatoes are ready.
- Serve with sour cream and fresh herbs.
Kuban borsch without beets
When cooking red soup in the Kuban, beets are usually replaced with tomato paste to give the first dish a special sourness. The most important rule - borsch should be rich, so the hostesses choose exclusively meat on the bone and preferably with a fat layer.
Ingredients for a 5 L pot:
- pork meat on the bone - 0.7 kg,
- large potatoes - 3 pcs.,
- onion - 1 pc.,
- carrots - 1 pc.,
- green bell pepper - 1 pc.,
- cabbage - 400 g,
- fresh tomatoes - 3 pcs.,
- tomato paste - 2 tbsp. l.,
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. l.,
- greens to taste
- salt to taste.
Advice! For Kuban borsch it is better to take young cabbage.
- We wash the meat, fill it with cold water and cook for two hours, so that it easily lags behind the bone.
- Do the frying.Cut the onions into small cubes, pour them into a pan with hot vegetable oil, fry for a couple of minutes on moderate heat.
- Finely chop the bell pepper and add to the onion, again, fry everything for a couple of minutes.
- We clean the carrots and rub on a coarse grater, we send after the sweet pepper.
- Dip the tomatoes in boiling water for a few seconds and remove the skin, cut into small cubes. We also spread the pulp in a pan to the rest of the vegetables.
- Add tomato paste and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- We take out the cooked meat, clean it from the bone, cut it into arbitrary pieces and put it back into the pan, then we send the diced potatoes.
- 10 minutes before readiness, finely chop the cabbage, toss it into the pan.
- As soon as the ingredients in the pan boil, put the frying, salt, bring to readiness and turn off the stove.
- We give Kuban borscht to brew for about an hour. Before serving, sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs.
Borsch without cabbage
Dressing in combination with potatoes and meatless broth without cabbage has an unusual, interesting taste. For broth, it is better to use pork or beef meat, so that the first dish is rich and rich.
- meat broth - 2.5 l,
- potato tubers - 0.5 kg,
- beets - 150 g
- carrots - 100 g
- onion - 1 pc.,
- Lavrushka - 2 pcs.,
- tomato paste - 2 tbsp. l.,
- garlic - 2 cloves,
- ground pepper and salt to taste,
- vegetable oil - for frying.
- We bring the meat broth to a boil, pour randomly chopped potatoes into the pan, cook over moderate heat until half-cooked.
- Grate the beets and carrots, chop the onions arbitrarily, pass the garlic through a press, put everything in a pan, on hot vegetable oil, fry until golden brown.
- Dissolve the tomato paste in a glass of boiled water and pour to fry, cover, stew vegetables a little and pour into a pot with meat broth for potatoes.
- Add bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- We check the readiness of the potatoes and turn off the stove.
- We give the finished dish to infuse for a while and can safely call the family for lunch.
Borsch with sauerkraut and beans
This recipe can be attributed to the winter version. Sauerkraut gives the first dish a certain sourness, which harmoniously combines with the taste of other vegetables cooked in meat broth.
List of required products:
- sauerkraut - 0.5 kg,
- beans - 150 g
- meat broth - 4 l,
- potatoes - 6 pcs.,
- onion - 1 head,
- beets - 1 pc.,
- fresh dill - 15 g,
- salt to taste
- bay leaf - 2 pcs.,
- peppercorns - 4 pcs.,
- vegetable oil - for frying.
Advice! If you want to replace sauerkraut with pickled cabbage, do not forget to add a little vinegar to the dressing to give the finished dish a certain sourness.
- In a pan with boiling meat in water, we place chopped potatoes, beans and 1/3 of the grated beets, cook until half cooked.
- Squeeze the juice from sauerkraut and send it to the pot for potatoes.
- Fry onions and beets in vegetable oil in a pan.
- Pour the dressing into the cooking container and add the remaining ingredients, with the exception of fresh dill.
- Once the borsch is ready, sprinkle the dish with chopped fresh dill.
Ingredients for Borsch with Meat:
- Water - 3000 ml
- Beef - 350 g
- Potato - 250 g
- White cabbage / Cabbage - 130 g
- Beets - 200 g
- Carrots - 100 g
- Onions - 100 g
- Tomato paste - 2 tbsp. l
- Vinegar - 2 tsp.
- Sugar - 1 tsp.
- Garlic - 2 tooth.
- Bay leaf - 3 pcs.
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. l
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper - to taste
Cooking time: 110 minutes
Servings Per Container: 6
Green borsch with sorrel
This first dish can be cooked in a vegetarian style and consumed cold, but we will cook with chicken drumstick.
- sorrel - a bunch,
- boiled eggs - 2 pcs.,
- chicken drumsticks - 4 pcs.,
- potatoes - 2 pcs.,
- tomato paste - 1 tbsp. l.,
- onions - 1 pc.,
- celery stalks to taste,
- sour apple - 1 pc.,
- water - 3 l.,
- salt to taste.
- Pour the chicken drumsticks with water and put on moderate heat, bring to a boil, add chopped onions and after 5 minutes, toss the potatoes.
- Bring tomato paste in a mug with broth and pour into a pan.
- Throw the chopped celery stalk.
- We cut the apple into several parts and send it to boil with the rest of the vegetables.
- 5 minutes before cooking, add chopped sorrel and chopped boiled eggs.
- Before serving, decorate the plate with a spoon of sour cream and fresh herbs.
Advice! Sorrel can be replaced with nettle leaves.
Recipe "Borsch with meat":
1. Pour the meat with water, add bay leaf. When the water boils, remove the foam. Cook for 1.5 hours over medium heat.
2. After 1.5 hours, remove the bay leaf and meat.
3. Cut the potatoes into cubes, chop the cabbage, chop the onion finely. Crush the garlic and chop finely. Dice boiled meat. Grate carrots. Grate beets.
4. Put meat, potatoes and cabbage into the boiling broth. Cook for 7-10 minutes.
5. Heat the pan with 1 tbsp. l oils. Put the beets a little fry, about a minute. Add sugar and vinegar, mix well. Add tomato paste and a little water, mix well. Stew beets for 1-2 minutes and transfer to soup. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
6. In a pan with 1 tbsp. l oil fry the onion, about 1-2 minutes. Add carrots, fry for 1-2 minutes. Transfer frying to soup.
7. Add bay leaf, garlic, salt and pepper to the soup to taste. Turn off the fire, let stand for 5 minutes.
|Like our recipes?|
|BB code to insert:|
BB code used in forums
|HTML code to insert:|
HTML code used on blogs like LiveJournal
Cold borsch recipe classic
Unusual name for borscht, isn't it? However, the list of products is also not quite ordinary ... So, we need:
- boiled beets - 1 pc.,
- boiled potatoes - 2 pcs.,
- boiled egg - 1 pc.,
- fresh cucumber - 1 pc.,
- green onions and dill to taste,
- kefir - 250 ml,
- mineral water - 250 ml,
- salt to taste.
- We rub all vegetables on a coarse grater, chop green onion and dill with a knife. Mix everything in a deep bowl.
- Pour kefir and mineral water in an equal amount into a bowl, add salt, mix thoroughly and the cold borsch is ready.
- It remains to pour it on plates and decorate with parsley leaves.
Classic borsch video recipe
If you follow the cooking sequence, you can cook a very aromatic borsch with a rich taste according to the classic recipe or show some imagination and make this dish unforgettable.
Also, if meat components are removed from the main ingredients, then in reality a very tasty diet or vegetarian borscht can turn out.
Do not be afraid to experiment with products, because this is how new popular dishes appear.
Similar Recipe Collections
Lean Meal Recipe
Delicious borsch can be prepared without the use of meat. The following amount of ingredients is needed on a 2.5 liter pot:
- potatoes - 4 medium pieces,
- cabbage - 200 grams,
- vegetable oil - 5 tablespoons,
- beets - 1 piece,
- carrot - 1 piece,
- onion - 1 piece,
- tomato paste - 2 tablespoons,
- salt and pepper to your taste
- fresh greens.
Estimated Cooking Time: 40 minutes.
The energy value of borscht per 100 grams: 37.8 kcal.
Vegetables must first be washed and peeled. Cabbage is chopped into medium-sized straws, and potatoes are cut into straws or cubes. We cut carrots and beets with a three grater, cut the onion into small cubes.
The next step is preparing vegetable frying. Onion is heated in a pan heated with sunflower oil.We fry it until a golden hue is obtained, after which we lay carrots with beets and fry for 10 minutes, without stopping to stir occasionally. In a ready-made vegetable mixture, spread the tomato paste, mix again and turn off the gas.
Pour water into the pan, season with salt and pepper, and put on fire. After boiling, pour the potatoes into the saucepan, turn off the gas and cook the potatoes for about 10 minutes. The next step is pouring cabbage into the broth and cook for about 5 minutes.
As it becomes clear that the cabbage is boiled, put the vegetable frying in the finished broth and remove the fire. We leave the soup ready to stand for 10 minutes, after which we serve it on the table, sprinkled with herbs and seasoned with sour cream or mayonnaise to taste.
In the preparation of delicious rich borscht there are some subtleties.
To make the soup more satisfying, in the pan, before laying out the frying, you can add 2-3 tubers of potato, cut into cubes or straws.
To give the borscht a bright red color, in the broth, before adding the cabbage, you can put 1 beet, cut into small pieces. Before adding frying to the broth, it is recommended to get beets from the broth.
So that the beets do not lose their color, and the soup remains saturated red, you can add a couple of teaspoons of lemon juice to the broth. In addition, it will add a touch of acidity to the taste of the soup.
To give the borscht a greater taste, you can add a spoonful of sugar to the broth. The main thing is not to overdo it.
Borsch with beef
Borsch is a symbol of Russian-Ukrainian friendship. Our traditional vegetable soup, which includes beets. This soup should be able to cook any housewife.
There are many borscht recipes. Each village, each house cooks borsch in its own way and believes that it is his borsch that is the most correct! You can talk on this topic endlessly. On my own, honestly, borsch is not only a tasty dish, but also a state of mind. In this recipe, I will tell you how to cook classic beef borsch.
Classic borsch with meat - recipes for a delicious soup of red borsch, cooked at home
All over the world, borsch is considered a Russian dish, although it is cooked everywhere, in Ukraine, Poland, Czechoslovakia and other countries. They say that the hostess passed a cooking exam if she learned to cook classic rich soup with meat.
Classic borsch is always a soup with meat, beets, frying with tomatoes and cabbage.
And everything else - additives and preferences of each person personally - as you like. Still, you can not confuse such a first dish with another in its rich red color.
Today in my article I will talk about numerous cooking options. And each one is tasty in its own way, and traditional for each people. But I am sure that there is no person who has never tried such a soup in his life.
To be honest, my family and I really love the fragrant classic borsch with meat. And we are happy to cook it at least once a week. Which I advise you.
Borsch with pork meat - a classic step by step recipe
For the whole family, the best lunch dish is borscht soup. A hearty, fragrant and incredibly tasty borscht that creates a cozy homely atmosphere. Any housewife has her own traditional recipe, according to the taste of which you can determine the cook’s hand with closed eyes.
You can cook real borsch on pork broth, guided by my advice. The most important thing for the first dish is a rich broth and a beautiful roast.
To cook six servings of delicious borscht according to this recipe, we take the products:
- a piece of pork with bone - 500 g,
- fresh cabbage - half a head of cabbage,
- carrots and onions - 1 pc.,
- 3 cloves of garlic,
- 5 potatoes
- one middle beet
- tomato paste,
- frying oil
- salt, sour cream, sugar - to taste.
To prepare borsch, you must be guided by the following actions:
- Cook the broth, put the finished meat on a plate, and strain the broth.
- Cut the pork into small pieces, place them again in a saucepan and put on fire.
- Peel all the vegetables and cut: potatoes and onions - into cubes, grate the carrots.
- While the potatoes are being cooked, we pour a little oil into the pan and sauté the vegetables over medium heat until golden brown. It is necessary to stir them so as not to burn.
- When the potatoes are boiled for 10 minutes, put the slaw.
- We cut the beets with cubes, you can use a grater. We spread it in a pan to vegetables and fry, stirring occasionally. Add 2 tablespoons of tomato paste. Mix everything, add salt and sugar to taste.
- Now put the frying. Borsch should be tried on salt, if necessary add salt. Keep on low heat for another 10 minutes, and turn it off.
- Ready borsch should "rest" for at least half an hour.
Before serving, season the classic borsch with sour cream and sprinkle with fresh herbs. And if you still bake fragrant garlic buns, the result will exceed all expectations.
Classic beef borscht
I want to share a recipe for red borscht cooked in beef broth.
Such borsch should be cooked in a large saucepan, so that it is enough for the whole family for several days.
Good housewives know that on the second day, the borscht becomes very tasty, as it is well infused. This recipe does not need frying vegetables, they are simply stewed in a small amount of broth.
Beef broth by itself contributes to the full saturation of the first dish, so vegetable oil is not used. The calorie content of the finished borscht, based on 100 grams of serving, is only 33 kcal.
To prepare three liters of borsch, we will prepare the following ingredients:
- Beef - 500 gr,
- Cabbage - 400 gr.,
- Carrots - 1 pc.,
- Onion - 1 pc.,
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves,
- Potatoes - 5 pcs.,
- Beets - 400 gr.,
- tomato paste - 4 tbsp. l
- salt, sour cream - to taste.
- Wash the meat thoroughly.
- Place beef in a saucepan, add water and put on medium heat. After boiling, remove the foam and cook on low heat for 1.5 to 2 hours. It depends on the quality of the meat ingredient.
- Peel and cut vegetables: potatoes and onions - in small cubes, beets and carrots - in strips.
- Put vegetables in a pan, add broth and simmer.
- Add tomato and spices, salt and squeeze garlic on a press. Carefully stir everything, remove from the stove.
- Remove the cooked meat, cut into small pieces.
- Put potatoes in the boiled broth, wait for boiling, then cabbage and boil for 10 minutes.
- When the vegetables are ready, add dressing, boiled meat and salt. Hold the borsch under the lid for several minutes, then set aside and let it brew.
Such borsch is eaten hot, sour cream is used for seasoning.
Step-by-step recipe for borsch with chicken - simple without cabbage
Such a recipe for borsch is prepared by Belarusian cooks. It turns out dietary, its calorie content is only 20 kcal per 100 grams. This culinary dish differs significantly from traditional borsch, but has a great taste.
For Belarusian soup come in handy:
- 500 g chicken with bones,
- 4 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 2 onions,
- 1 large beetroot
- sunflower oil for frying,
- 3 tbsp adjika
- Bay leaf,
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- black peas,
- ground black pepper,
- fresh parsley.
Step 1. Put the chicken in a bowl, add water and put on the stove.
Step 2 The broth is boiling, at this time it is necessary to remove the foam. Cook until the meat is ready, then remove the chicken.
Step 3 Dip potatoes into cubes in boiling chicken broth.
Step 4. Fry grated carrots and chopped onions. Add chopped beets to the pan for stewing together. At the end, introduce fresh tomatoes or homemade adjika, a little vinegar.
Step 5 Cut the meat and put in the broth.
Step 6 The potatoes are boiled, stewed vegetables “go” to the pan, after which the borscht will boil for another 10 minutes, you need to salt it, add herbs and spices.
Step 7Be sure to cook the dish for at least 15 minutes, as a result, it will become more saturated.
Serve such borsch with sour cream.
Comments and reviews
July 24th Nordia # (author of the recipe)
July 24th Nordia # (author of the recipe)
Register, or log in if you have already registered.
You can enter the site without registering and entering a password using your account on the following sites:
Real Ukrainian borsch - a classic recipe
The most rich borsch is cooked in Ukraine, the dish has a bright red color, causes appetite. Serve it with garlic pampushkami or brown bread, seasoned with sour cream, bite with bacon. We cook it according to the recipe feasible for any novice housewife.
Products for the recipe:
- rack of pork ribs,
- bulbs - 2 pcs.,
- carrots - 2 pcs.,
- water - 3 l
- fresh cabbage - 500 gr.,
- beets - 2 pcs.,
- ½ lemon or 1 tbsp. l vinegar
- tomato paste
- vegetable oil
- salt, sugar, black and red pepper, paprika - to taste,
- Bay leaf,
- lard - a little,
- garlic and herbs.
- Wash the ribs, put them in a pan with water.
- Wash the onion head and one carrot, put in boiling water.
- Bring the broth to a boil, remove the foam in a timely manner, otherwise the broth will be unclear. Cook the meat until cooked.
- Cut the peeled beets into strips, transfer to a deep frying pan, pouring the broth, salt and sugar. We send pepper, paprika and tomato to beets. All must be stewed over low heat until the beets are ready.
- Cut the carrots in the same strips, onions - in half rings.
- Melt 30 grams of butter in a pan and pass the vegetables until soft.
- When the meat is cooked in the broth, we take it out and cool it. We filter the broth from the remnants of carrots, onions and bones. We return it to the fire again.
- After boiling, put the cabbage, potatoes and sautéed vegetables. Borsch is cooked over moderate heat for 20 minutes.
- Garlic and lard are chopped until smooth, chopped greens are added to the mixture.
- Separate the cooled meat from the bones and return to the borsch.
- At the end of cooking, squeeze lemon juice or vinegar. This will give the soup an amber red color.
- We introduce beetroot dressing, mix gently.
- Bay leaf should be added to the borsch at the end of cooking, for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add dressing from lard and garlic, mix.
- Cover the pan with a lid and wrap it in a warm blanket. Leave to insist for 1-2 hours.
Classic hot beetroot with beef meat
The magnificent beetroot soup with meat is very tasty and satisfying. To cook such a beetroot is very simple, the main element of its richness is beef on the bone.
- beef with bone - 400 gr.,
- beets, carrots and onions - 1 pc.,
- potatoes - 250 gr.,
- 1 tomato
- half bell pepper
- salt, spices, herbs,
- sour cream.
Cook the beetroot as follows:
- We wash the meat under a stream of running water, put in a saucepan and put on fire.
- Cut the peeled beets into small pieces, lower them into the broth.
- After boiling, remove the foam, add chopped onions and carrots.
- Cook the broth until the meat is ready, usually for one hour. After we take the beets from it,
- We peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes and send it to the pan.
- Cut the finished meat into slices, and return it to the broth.
- Grind beets on a grater, add it to the pan, it will turn out a very beautiful color. Salt the soup to taste.
- While the beetroot boils, chop the bell pepper into cubes, grate the tomato on a grater and chop the garlic. Put in a pan, turn off the fire in a minute.
- 2 bay leaves give the dish a finishing touch.
Serve beetroot with greens and sour cream. Spicy, tasty and hearty soup beetroot soup will appeal to you and your family!
Borsch dressing "Lick your fingers" - a recipe for the winter
The taste of the main dish depends on borsch preparation. I have a favorite recipe for winter dressing, which is an indispensable component of a delicious classic borsch.
You will need the following products:
- beets - 3 kg
- tomatoes - 1 kg,
- sweet pepper - 400 gr.,
- onions - 300 gr.,
- garlic - 2 goals.,
- vegetable oil - 800 gr. refined
- vinegar essence - 100 gr.,
- sugar - 4 tbsp.,
- salt - 60 gr.,
- ½ a pod of hot pepper.
- Pour a little vegetable oil into the pan, spread the chopped onion and fry it until it has a beautiful golden hue.
- Grated beets, chopped peppers and chopped tomatoes, spread in a pan for onions. Add some hot peppers there.
- A mixture of vegetables, salt to taste, a little sugar, pour the remaining oil, and simmer.
- Combine sweet pepper with garlic and simmer again for another 20 minutes. Pour vinegar 2 minutes before cooking.
- We put the dressing in sterilized containers, wrap it up and let it brew.
How to cook borscht to be red
The beautiful color of borscht depends on the correct order of laying vegetables in the broth. There are some simple secrets to prevent mistakes.
- We must prepare beets separately from other ingredients, for example, in the form of dressing, without adding water to it. This root vegetable can be stewed with other vegetables.
- Vinegar or a few drops of citric acid will give color resistance.
- After beets get into the soup, do not keep it on fire for more than 5 minutes.
- Beets are added to the first dish last, when all the vegetables are cooked.
- After cooking the main dish, it should “rest”, beets will help saturate other ingredients with their color and taste.
- To make the borscht rich in colors, you can add tomato to the dressing with beets.
Prefabricated meat hodgepodge is just as colorful and fragrant, and incredibly tasty - it is worth paying attention!
Pampushki for borsch with garlic
A fluffy round bun with a crispy crust, flavored with butter-garlic gravy, will cause an appetite in any person.
There are a large number of recipes for cooking dumplings. The main thing is to choose the right kind of flour, so that the products turn out to be rich and mouth-watering. I want to offer the best and most interesting recipe.
He will need products:
- 1 cup milk
- 0.5 kg of flour
- 2 eggs,
- 1 tbsp. l Sahara,
- vegetable oil - 150 gr.,
- yeast - 1 sachet,
- garlic and herbs
Cooking garlic buns:
- We take warm milk, add yeast, sugar, salt, eggs and butter to it. Stir everything with a wooden spoon.
- Knead soft and elastic dough by adding flour.
- Put it to rise in heat.
- When the dough is doubled, knead and form balls.
- Put the buns on the baking sheet covered with parchment, greasing them with oil.
- Bake at 200 ° for 30-40 minutes.
- Melt the butter, add the squeezed garlic and salt, mix.
- Soak hot dumplings in gravy, sprinkled with herbs.
I hope, using my recipes and tips, everyone will definitely be able to cook home-made high-quality fragrant and rich classic borsch, to please their relatives with tasty and healthy food.