Milk thistle in nature is a weed. It grows almost throughout the globe and many struggle with it, without thinking about the benefits of this plant. Meanwhile, flowers, stalk and seeds of milk thistle have a large number of useful properties. Especially useful is the meal of the plant. These are dried seeds that have been ground into flour.
Meal is a by-product remaining after processing milk thistle seeds.
Milk thistle is a type of herbaceous plant belonging to the genus Milk thistle of the family Aster. Among the people, it has another name - marin thistle. The plant belongs to one and biennials. In height, it can reach about 1.5 m. Milk thistle seeds have a special medicinal value.
In the process of extracting milk thistle seeds, films or skins remain as a by-product. Extraction is a process of extracting the necessary useful components from raw materials of animal or vegetable origin. During extraction, both special solvent materials (or extractants) and special devices, mechanisms and devices (extractors) are used.
At first glance, milk thistle meal is like garbage. But it is he who is so valuable among adherents of alternative (alternative) medicine methods as a primary tool in the treatment of liver diseases, as well as the restoration of its natural functions after their violation.
Flour is obtained by grinding seeds, it is saturated with vegetable oils and contains their maximum amount after processing. Milk thistle meal has half as much oil, but contains fiber in its pure form, as well as a whole range of medicinal compounds.
It is a compound of the following chemical elements:
Silymarin is an indispensable biologically active component that allows you to restore the functioning of the liver.
Cooking meal at home
It should be understood that it is not possible to remove vegetable oil from the meal at home with the help of improvised products. However, any drug made with your own hands also has healing properties.
Meal obtained at home will help normalize the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, support and improve the functioning of the liver.
Milk thistle seeds must be filled with olive oil and stored in a cool dark place for 3 weeks. Next, the seeds must be removed (squeeze or strain), and the remaining oil should be used for ingestion or externally. Cake can be reused. To do this, it is enough to dry and grind it.
What is meal?
Meal is a cake that remains after extruding oil from the seeds by cold pressing, about 3% of fat is stored in it. Milk thistle processing waste is used for medicinal and cosmetic purposes, flour can be added to ready-made dishes.
Only a high-quality product has useful properties for the body, so you need to buy it only in trusted places, you can first study the photo, be sure to carefully examine the integrity of the package, the shelf life of the powder before purchasing.
Milk thistle packaging
The benefits of milk thistle meal
The medicinal properties of milk thistle meal are appreciated not only in alternative medicine, but are proven by the scientific community of the University of Munich back in the 70s. 20th century.
The experiment was conducted on rats. The animals participating in the experiment were given drugs that destroy liver cells. As a result, all rats died completely.
In the next experiment, rodents along with destructive substances received a certain dose of milk thistle. The result of the experiment is impressive: only 30% of the animals were killed.
To date, milk thistle (on the recommendation of the World Health Organization) is officially included in the register of medicines taken to treat liver diseases.
Let us consider in more detail the most significant medicinal properties of milk thistle meal.
- Recovery of liver cells due to the content of silymarin in the plant. It is scientifically proven that when eating meal, after 14 days, the cells of the organ cease to break down and the restoration process begins.
- Stimulating the formation of new liver cells. This property is also due to the content of silymarin in the plant, which starts the natural process of protein production in the liver cells, which is a kind of “building material”.
- Help the liver in the fight against poisons and poisonous substances attacking it. So milk thistle meal helps to remove alcohol from the cells of the body, poisonous and destructive drugs, harmful substances coming from the environment.
- Acting as an antioxidant. The human body is a kind of battlefield between free radicals and antioxidants. A sedentary lifestyle, poor nutrition, and poor environmental conditions lead to the accumulation of poisonous free radicals and the reduction of antioxidants in the human body, which are designed to neutralize them. Imbalances result in strokes, early heart attacks, asthma and arthritis, and cancer. Meal contains chemical compounds that act as antioxidants for the liver, which can reduce the harmful effects of free radicals.
- Laxative effect, which is necessary for people suffering from constipation. The laxative effect is achieved due to the high fiber content in the meal, as well as the peculiar “exfoliating” effect that the husk exerts on the intestinal wall, removing from it all the accumulated harmful substances.
- Strengthening the production of bile due to the active substances contained in the meal.
- A pronounced fat-burning effect, allowing you to lose weight. It consists in normalizing the work of the intestine, cleansing it of poisons and toxic substances, increasing the digestibility of food, regulating fat metabolism.
Composition of milk thistle meal
The basis of milk thistle cake is silibinin, silidianin, silichristine - these substances are included in the group of flavolignans, have an antioxidant effect, eliminate the inflammatory process, help restore liver cells, protect the organ from viruses, the damaging effects of alcohol, heavy metal salts.
What else is included in the meal:
- fatty acid,
- phenolic compounds of plant origin,
- vitamins A, E, D, K, group B,
- potassium, zinc, magnesium, selenium, potassium, phosphorus.
The cake contains a lot of fiber, which eliminates unnecessary waste from the body, which helps to establish the intestines, get rid of a few extra pounds.
Description of milk thistle meal
Indications for use
Indications for taking milk thistle are the following diagnoses:
- cirrhosis of the liver at any stage,
- pancreatic disease
- poisoning by alcohol, drugs and chemicals, harmful substances from the environment.
Milk thistle meal today can be purchased both in the form of capsules and in the form of sachets. The latter are more preferable, since this method of packaging allows you to see firsthand the active substance itself, while doing this when taking capsules is problematic.
When buying, it is advisable to give preference to transparent bags with meal so that you can evaluate its structure and color. So, ripened seeds have a dark brown or brown shell. Light meal says that unripened seeds were used for its production.
What is milk thistle meal
The most valuable part of this plant is the seeds - using cold pressed, experts get oil from them, which is sold as a food product. Waste, which is husk, is the meal: the result of extraction. In pharmacies, it can be represented as “milk thistle powder”, since the shells of the seeds of the plant are crushed during the extraction of the oil and become like whole grain flour. However, the powder is not too loose: meal retains about 3% fat.
Instructions for use of the drug
The regimen and dosage of taking the drug are consistent with the attending physician and depend on the type and severity of the disease.
So, for prevention, it is enough to use 1 teaspoon of meal on an empty stomach, drinking plenty of water.
The course should be a duration of 20 to 40 days with a repeat of no more than 4 times a year.
For treatment, in most cases, take 1 teaspoon of the drug 3 times a day 30 minutes before a meal. The duration of admission is 40 days.
For the liver
For liver diseases, meal take 1 teaspoon 30 minutes before meals. The frequency of admission per day is three.
The duration of treatment varies from 35 to 40 days.
For preventive purposes, the frequency of administration is reduced to once a day, and the duration varies from 30 to 45 days.
Useful properties of meal
Milk thistle grass cleanses the body of harmful and toxic elements, which improves sleep, blood circulation, the work of the intestines, stomach, immune system, skin condition, fatigue, irritability, and headache disappear. Oilcake helps to improve well-being with hepatitis, gastritis, cholecystitis, diseases of the pancreas, ischemia, hypertension, eliminates the initial manifestations of varicose veins.
Than thistle is logged:
- activates the production of bile, which helps to reduce the risk of developing pathologies of the gallbladder,
- creates a reliable shield in the body against pathogenic microorganisms,
- improves peristalsis,
- promotes healing of the gastrointestinal mucosa,
- beneficial effect on the work of the cardiovascular system - normalizes pressure and rhythm, improves elasticity, cleanses the walls of blood vessels of cholesterol plaques,
- eliminates edema, restores the water-salt balance,
- improves the functioning of the genital organs, reproductive functions in women and men,
- reduces the risk of dermatitis, psoriasis, gastritis, depression, heart attack, stroke.
Milk thistle meal activates bile production
Milk thistle meal - an indispensable tool for diabetics, reduces blood sugar and cholesterol, the amount of protein in the urine. Cake is often included in complex therapy for severe immunodeficiency diseases, it helps reduce the negative effects of chemotherapy, promotes hemoglobin synthesis, and improves blood coagulation.
Useful recipes from milk thistle meal
Milk thistle cake has many indications for use, it helps not only improve the condition of the liver, it copes well with many diseases, helps strengthen immunity.
Methods of using meal for various diseases:
- To strengthen the body's defenses, the prevention of colds - pour 500 ml of boiling water 2 tsp. raw materials, leave in a sealed container for 10 minutes, drink in warm form twice a day for 15-20 days.
- To improve bowel function, eliminate and prevent constipation - three times a day for 5 g of meal, drink plenty of water, juice, milk.
- For cough - brew 120 ml of boiling water of 0.5 tsp. cake, leave for 5 minutes, add 15 ml of honey. Drink the medicine in small portions every 30-60 minutes until the unpleasant symptoms disappear completely.
- For diabetes - pour 500 ml of water 30 g of oilcake, simmer in a steam bath until the amount of liquid is reduced by 2 times, strain. Take 10 ml every hour 10-12 times a day for 20 days.
- With varicose veins, problems of a cardiovascular nature, you can drink tea from oilcake - brew 200 ml of boiling water 3 g of raw materials, leave for a quarter of an hour. Divide the drink into 2 servings, drink in a warm form a quarter of an hour before eating in small sips. The duration of treatment is 40 days.
- To combat hangover - 1 tbsp. l oilcake pour 220 ml of boiling water, leave for half an hour, drink the entire portion of the medicine in small sips.
- For the treatment of alcohol dependence, it is necessary to pour 50 g of oilseed meal into 500 ml of vodka, remove it in a dark place for 2 weeks, dissolve 25 drops of the medicine in 50 ml of warm water, drink it before dinner for at least 1 month.
Milk thistle tea is good for heart disease
How to take milk thistle meal
Milk thistle helps to get rid of excess weight well, because the plant normalizes metabolic processes in the body, helps to reduce appetite, removes toxins from the body.
- For weight loss, you need to take 5 g of milk thistle powder every month 30 minutes before breakfast every morning. A second course can be done only after a two-month break.
- It helps in the fight against extra pounds a delicious vitamin drink - mix 2 tbsp. l meal, 100 g of dried apples, 50 g of inflorescences of mint and chamomile, pour the mixture with 1 liter of boiling water, leave for half an hour. Drink the drink throughout the day in small portions between meals, this tool will help get rid of 3-4 kg per month.
- Recipe for a cleansing cocktail - pour 1 tsp in a thermos. milk thistle powder, pour 50 ml of warm water, leave overnight. In the morning add 50 g of any fresh or frozen berries, 100 g of banana pulp. Have a drink before breakfast and at lunch.
Milk thistle seeds flour can be used as seasoning - add to salads, prepared meat and fish dishes, soups. No more than 100 mg of meal can be used per day; meals with oilcake cannot be cooked.
How to use meal in cosmetology
Milk thistle meal has a fine-grained structure, contains many vitamins, well eliminates inflammatory processes, therefore it is often used in home cosmetology to cleanse the skin.
The scrub recipe is simple - you need to dilute 15 g of oilcake with a small amount of water to a thick sour cream, add 2-3 drops of rosehip oil, apply the mixture to problem areas, rub it with light massage movements for 3-5 minutes, rinse with warm water. The tool can be used 2-3 times a week, it perfectly removes black spots, age spots, tightens pores, and rejuvenates the skin.
If the skin is very dry or sensitive, there are signs of rosacea, you can add 15 ml of olive oil to the mixture, the procedure should be carried out no more than 1 time in 14 days.
Thistle masks with olive oil improve skin condition
In the presence of cellulite, you can mix 50 ml of warm honey and 5 g of meal, apply massage, patting movements to problem areas, rinse after half an hour.
Side effects from oilcake
With the correct use of meal, compliance with the recommended dosages, side effects rarely occur, most often people with hypersensitivity and allergies complain of negative reactions.
Possible adverse reactions:
- pain, heaviness in the abdomen, in the right hypochondrium,
- rash, itching, redness of the skin.
After taking the meal, a heaviness in the abdomen may appear.
- Flour. It has the appearance of non-fat powder.
- Meal It is a byproduct remaining after oil recovery. Contains minimum fat and maximum protein.
- Encapsulated and tablet preparations. May contain milk thistle extracts and all other products, starting with oil and ending with meal.
- Whole seeds. They undergo special processing. They are used for the manufacture of various potions and occasionally in cooking.
- Oil. It can be obtained by extraction or cold pressing. The second type is most preferred.
Thistle seed preparations contain a large amount of antioxidants and silymarins - a group of substances involved in the restoration of liver cells. Silymarins activate the production of bile and its outflow, as well as contribute to detoxification.
These substances (silidianin, silybin, silicristine) strengthen and protect liver cells, and they have a pronounced hepatoprotective effect. Ordinary milk thistle with proper use:
- Provides liver protection against structural and functional damage caused by poisoning (food, alcohol, chemical).
- Prevents the appearance and development of fatty hepatosis.
- It can become a powerful therapeutic and prophylactic drug for patients suffering from alcoholism.
- It helps with cirrhosis even in cases where drug therapy is ineffective.
- Strengthens the membrane of hepatocytes.
- It does not allow the formation of benign and malignant tumors in the elements of the biliary system.
- Prevents toxins from entering the liver.
- "Tunes" the internal organs to self-cleaning.
Most valuable - milk thistle seeds for the liver
The most valuable thing in the plant is the seeds. They have a lot of vitamins and minerals, oil is used to treat the liver, to cleanse the whole body.
Homemade oil or purchased at a pharmacy is used for:
- treatment of the stomach, intestines, liver, urogenital diseases in women,
- wound healing agent: used to treat wounds and burns, treat anal fissures (an enema with 30 ml of room temperature oil is used for healing) and heal cracks,
- treatment of erosion on the cervix: tampons are placed at night with oil, the course of treatment is 21 days.
Despite the unique medicinal properties of oilcake, it has some limitations for use, therefore, before using the product for treatment or prevention, it is necessary to carefully study the instructions for use.
In which cases you can not take milk thistle meal:
- gallstone disease - milk thistle has a pronounced choleretic effect, which can provoke the movement of stones,
- asthma, lung diseases - in some cases, the product can cause swelling of the larynx, a strong attack of shortness of breath, suffocation,
- exacerbation of ulcers, gastritis,
- excess potassium and phosphorus,
- tendency to allergic reactions.
Do not take milk thistle meal for gastritis
“I have known about the benefits of milk thistle for a long time, but I could not take meal, it really seemed to me unpleasant. And recently I saw in a drugstore dietary supplement based on this herb in the form of capsules, a great thing - there is no taste and smell, it’s convenient to take, you don’t need to make anything. ”
“At my work, everyone was just crazy about milk thistle, so I decided to try meal from this plant. She took 1 tsp., And after half an hour her tongue was swollen, she began to choke, she had to call an ambulance. Therefore, if you decide to drink oilcake, start with a very small dose to avoid severe allergic reactions. "
“I used milk thistle and a bunch of other herbs for weight loss. Fighting acne is all useless. Until she began to eat right, move more, problems did not disappear. Now everything is fine, but I continue to take milk thistle meal twice a year - the drug reduces appetite well, increases stamina, and helps to avoid colds during epidemics. ”
Milk thistle meal has an extensive list of indications, the remedy helps with diseases of the liver, gastrointestinal tract, cardiovascular system, rejuvenates the body, strengthens the immune system. But the plant has certain contraindications, with unreasonable use, side effects can occur.
Rate this article
(4 ratings, average 5,00 out of 5)
Thistle preparations for the liver
Sibektan. Hepatoprotective agent recommended for fatty degeneration, cirrhosis, diseases of the gallbladder. Release form - tablets.
Liposil. The drug, based on the extract of plant seeds. It has a pronounced hepatoprotective effect due to the increased content of essential phospholipids and bioflavonoids. It has a wide range of indications, including withdrawal symptoms, hepatitis, an overdose of antibiotics. Presented in the form of gelatin capsules.
Silymarin. Dragees, capsules and tablets, which are prescribed by the attending physician for: toxic liver damage, cirrhosis, hepatitis, fatty infiltration.
General admission rules
No matter what disease you are going to treat with meal, there is one general rule that must be observed. Otherwise, you risk not achieving the desired results and wasting time.
This rule implies a complete rejection of alcoholic beverages in all manifestations, and any fatty foods for the entire course of treatment!
I even recommend moving the scope a little and starting to apply this rule 2 weeks before the start of treatment, in order to better prepare the sick body. Believe me, there will be nothing but benefit from this!
What is the benefit of milk thistle meal?
The drug has extensive use, due to its rich composition. It contains a large amount of fiber, which allows you to quickly and efficiently cleanse the intestines. In addition, it perfectly cleanses the liver and bile ducts of toxins and harmful substances.
The plant normalizes the water-salt balance in the body, and also saturates with B vitamins and other useful components. They help normalize the functioning of the heart muscle and vascular system.
Milk thistle also has anti-inflammatory and bactericidal effects. That is why it is prescribed for diseases of the upper respiratory tract and even fractures. To avoid local inflammatory processes, it is enough to use a folk remedy.
How to take?
You can brew infusion or make tea from a drug. To do this, take 1 tsp. funds and pour a small amount of warm, clean water. Insist a little and take after meals three times a day.
To make tea, you need to pour one tablespoon of the drug with a glass of boiling water and insist for half an hour. Then the resulting tea is filtered, divided into three parts and each part is drunk immediately before meals. Tea is consumed in one day, do not store the prepared product.
Also, powder can be added to raw foods. It is important that the products are not subsequently subjected to heat treatment. For example, you can add meal to a salad. This method of use is suitable for children and adults. For small patients, a half teaspoon serving is sufficient.
The course of treatment must be prescribed by a doctor. Do not resort to self-medication, as the uncontrolled use of meal can lead to negative consequences for the body.
How to choose a quality meal
Experts recommend making a purchase not through an online pharmacy, but offline, when it is possible to assess the condition of the product - this is especially important for the powder. You need to make sure that the expiration dates are not coming to an end: milk thistle seeds contain oils, which will gradually lead to the oxidation of the powder. If you consider the forms in which it is produced, you can buy any: they are equally effective.
For weight loss
In order to accelerate the process of losing weight, meal is taken immediately before meals. For this, 30 g of the substance is poured into 0.5 l of hot water and the solution is allowed to infuse. The resulting broth is consumed in equal portions every hour throughout the day or before eating food.
You might be interested in an article on how to clean your liver at home.
Here you will learn all about liver treatment at home.
Invaluable help in the treatment of type 2 diabetes is provided by milk thistle meal. It does not allow cholesterol to be deposited on the walls of blood vessels. The patient’s liver condition is gradually improving, which means that the body’s resistance to the disease increases.
Meal is recommended to be taken 4 times a day for a teaspoon, washed down with enough water. Also, the product can be added to food. The duration of treatment is 30 days. Meal can be used in the form of a decoction. To do this, 30 g of the substance is poured into 0.5 l of water and boiled in a water bath until the amount of water is reduced by 2 times.
The resulting broth is filtered, stored in a cool dark place and consumed in a teaspoon 1 hour after eating.
With a cold
Milk thistle helps to strengthen and activate the protective properties of the body, to help get rid of the disease more quickly, including the common cold. To do this, you need to pour a teaspoon of oilseed meal with a glass of boiling water and let the broth brew for 15 minutes. The resulting tea is consumed hot in a glass in the morning and evening.
The classic meal format has a lower price, but a poor-quality product is more common here than with capsules. Try to buy a drug produced in the southern regions and sold only in transparent bags - this way you can examine the structure of the meal and make sure that it does not cake, does not start to rancid, does not have any by-products in the composition. Keep in mind that the cake is the result of seed processing, so it is characterized by heterogeneity.
Milk thistle in cosmetology is most often used as a scrubbing substance.
It allows you to achieve a smooth and healthy complexion, increase its elasticity, moisturize and remove redness, relieve acne.
It is necessary to take one teaspoon of meal, dilute in 2 teaspoons of kefir, wait a bit until the mixture swells. Apply with gentle massaging movements on the face and leave for about 5-10 minutes, then rinse with warm water and moisturize with cream.
Benefits and healing properties
Milk thistle (thistle) has unique hepatoprotective healing properties that silymarin has. This element protects the liver from the harmful effects and has a regenerating effect. Silymarin decomposes and neutralizes toxins, providing purification. Raw materials for medications and dietary supplements are ripened grass seeds. Alternative methods and recipes include roots and leaves of a plant for cleansing the liver.
Seeds contain many enzymes, vitamins, carotenoids, antioxidants, flavonoids, essential oils, fatty acids, which are useful and important for the body. Seeds and grass have a high content of zinc, iodine, magnesium, calcium, boron, chromium, and others. Milk thistle medicines bring a healing effect for various ailments. But the main purpose of the herb is to treat the liver, as its components can regenerate diseased liver cells.
Toxic substances gradually destroy liver cells.
- protection of the liver from the negative effects of destructive factors, including alcohol,
- membrane repair
- inflammation reduction
- elimination of pain, neutralization of the negative effects of toxins,
- appetite improvement
- removal of biliary colic,
- strengthening the immune system
- antiallergic effect.
Use milk thistle seeds effectively for the prevention and treatment of affected liver. Hepatoprotectors are used for such ailments as:
- gallstone disease and other liver ailments.
Milk thistle has a therapeutic effect after prolonged use of antibiotics and other medications.
Removal of toxins and toxins
The cause of many ailments is an excess of harmful substances in the body. Most problems of the gastrointestinal tract occur due to a malfunction of the liver. If it loses its ability to remove toxins, they begin to adversely affect other internal organs. The appearance of rashes, acne and acne indicates that harmful substances accumulate in too much and enter the skin. Their entry into the blood vessels leads to cardiological diseases. Weakened immunity and chronic fatigue are often the result of intoxication. For all of the above problems, milk thistle meal is recommended. The benefits and harms of flavolignans contained in ground fruits are not well understood, but the long practice of using this medicinal plant confirms its beneficial effect on human health.
Back in the second half of the 20th century, scientists determined the main component of the chemical composition of milk thistle - this is a unique substance, silymarin, enhanced by silibinin and silidianin. All of them belong to the group of flavolignans and have pronounced antioxidant properties. The thistle (not only oilseed meal, but also oil, extracts, etc.) was made famous in alternative medicine by the hepatoprotective quality, to which it owes more to silibinin. He is stronger than the rest of flavolignans:
- protects the liver from the effects of toxins, acting directly on cell membranes, inhibiting transport proteins and metabolic activation,
- starts the process of regeneration of liver cells,
- slows down the development of fibrous tissue formation.
Hepatoprotective properties are not the only thing that doctors value milk thistle and its meal: it is also useful for the intestines, sugar and cholesterol levels, blood pressure. All this is achieved due to the rich chemical composition in which alkaloids, resins, histamine, little-known vitamin K, saponins are observed. Milk thistle meal is also distinguished by a high percentage of protein content, which has become one of the reasons for its use in diet food when losing weight.
What is used for
Milk thistle meal has found application both in alternative medicine (when they talk about liver treatment, they primarily remember this plant) and in cooking. Oilcake is a safe food popular in diet recipes - it is added to cereals, salads, meat dishes, replaces seasonings with natural bitterness, mixed with kefir (similar to chia seeds), or introduced into vegetable smoothies with detox diets. As a medicine, milk thistle meal can be used:
- for the preparation of water / alcohol tinctures,
- in broth
- as a component of a pharmaceutical dietary supplement.
When losing weight
Many overweight people fail to cope with this problem through diets and exercise. The reason for the extra pounds is a violation of digestion and metabolism. In such situations, you can resort to the help of milk thistle, which normalizes the metabolism in the body.
Oil and meal are used in cooking. They are added to salads, sauces, cereals and pastries. It is worth noting that they do not contain components that burn fat and reduce appetite. To achieve the result, it is necessary to additionally apply other methods of getting rid of excess weight.
Milk Thistle Overview
Some medicinal plants are rarely found in nature and cost a lot of money. Milk thistle is ubiquitous and quite accessible. It is familiar to gardeners, as it belongs to the weeds of the thistle family. This unpretentious, tenacious, spiky plant can be seen in forests, fields and steppes. Stems sometimes reach two meters in height. For use in the pharmaceutical industry, seeds and leaves of milk thistle are harvested in August, 2-3 weeks after flowering.
It should also be used:
- Tea with milk thistle from a pharmacy is taken in the same way as tea made at home.
- Among the tablets, the most popular are carlsil, silibor, carcil-forte, hepatinol, silipid, legalon, lepratec, hepestal. The main thing is that the active substance is precisely silymarin. They drink them according to the scheme proposed by the doctors.
Milk thistle can definitely be called a useful plant for liver therapy. It is considered harmless, but it is better to take it carefully and not abuse it. In addition, it is better to combine it with other methods of cleaning and treating the liver.
The liver performs many functions; you can learn how to help it with milk thistle from this video.
Milk thistle is used in almost all branches of medicine:
- hepatology - treatment of liver dysfunctions (dystrophy, cirrhosis, hepatitis),
- toxicology - in case of chronic poisoning of the body,
- cardiology - prevention of heart disease,
- oncology - purify the blood after chemotherapy,
- endocrinology - stabilizes blood sugar, improves metabolism,
- dermatology - copes with skin diseases,
- cosmetology - is used at the base of creams, balms.
Useful properties of milk thistle
In addition to the liver aid mentioned above, right up to the start of the process of its regeneration, milk thistle has a long list of healing properties. It prevents constipation by adjusting the intestines, cleanses the body of accumulated toxins, helps control blood pressure (this is mainly noticeable with hypertension). Even women who are dissatisfied with their figure can evaluate the benefits of milk thistle, because it contributes to weight loss. Additionally, doctors note:
- positive effect of meal on the nervous system (due to B vitamins)
- the effect of vitamin E, present in the chemical composition of milk thistle, on the gonads of both sexes,
- the ability to cleanse the skin in the presence of acne and treat psoriasis.
The main quality of the active components of milk thistle - flavolignans - is that they restore liver cells after intoxication caused by heavy alcohol consumption and nicotine addiction, the use of chemicals, difficult working conditions in which a person breathes harmful substances. However, they can also prevent the negative impact of these factors, and in addition to protecting and cleansing the liver, milk thistle stabilizes the membranes of hepatocytes and:
- affects metabolic processes in cells,
- stimulates protein synthesis, the formation of new hepatocytes,
- helps the work of the gallbladder, since it has a weak choleretic effect.
The benefits of meal for cleansing and healing the body
A positive effect on the liver is not the only medicinal property of silymarin and other flavolignans, just as one cannot forget about the other components of the biochemical composition of this plant. Milk thistle perfectly manifests itself in the role of a “cleaner” of the body, which:
- helps to remove dangerous substances formed as a result of radiation exposure (in the treatment of oncology),
- blocks free radicals,
- stimulates the withdrawal of bile acids,
- has an antitoxic effect on toxins of natural origin.
Is it useful to drink milk thistle?
The biologically active components of tatarnik fully retain milk thistle oil, thereby causing its use for the liver.
How to drink oil to prevent hepatitis? It should be taken in the same way as a powder. However, milk thistle oil is allowed to be taken with meals. Course reception - half a month. Milk thistle oil is also recommended:
- with diseases of the digestive tract (inflammation of the stomach, peptic ulcer, colitis),
- with hemorrhoids (to prevent constipation),
- for weight loss
Milk thistle oil
How to take oil for treatment and not harm your health will help the doctor explain. The use of milk thistle for severe intoxication is not recommended.
Normalize blood sugar
The effects on insulin and the resulting benefits for people with diabetes, attributed to some folk recipes with milk thistle, are still under discussion by doctors. Here, the role of the same silymarin, which corrects the process of cellular metabolism and plays the role of an antioxidant through inhibition of the oxidation of free radicals, is not ruled out, but these points still need scientific evidence.
Improving bowel function
Milk thistle meal contains fiber, which helps not only dull the feeling of hunger - its main task is to normalize the functioning of the intestine. Even after a short course of treatment with this product, you can notice that constipation has ceased to bother, and stool happens almost clearly by the hour. The use of ground seeds in large quantities has a laxative effect on the intestines, since it irritates the mucous membrane.
Blood pressure stabilization
To people suffering from hypertension, doctors in their recommendations to prevent new attacks of increased pressure pay attention to milk thistle meal, advising to take it, mixing with honey. The reason lies in the high level of flavonoids that contain seeds - they have a positive effect on the walls of blood vessels, blood circulation and even heart function. Fatty acids in tandem with magnesium regulate blood viscosity and help relieve vascular spasms.
The harm of milk thistle meal
Milk thistle is prohibited for people suffering from:
- mental disorders
- shortness of breath
- the presence of gallstones
- heart rhythm disturbance
- bronchial asthma,
- high calcium in the body.
Also, an absolute contraindication is children's age up to 12 years, the period of pregnancy.
We bring to your attention a video that explains the features of taking milk thistle meal and its differences from fiber:
Decreased puffiness and normalization of the water-salt balance of the body
The seeds of this plant are not only rich in vitamins - they differ in the content of saponins, which help control hormone levels and affect the synthesis of corticosteroids. Additionally, saponins affect the water-salt balance, as they help to remove uric acid from the body. Due to this, there is a decrease in the severity of edema, an improvement in the condition of the kidneys, and prevention of calculus formation in the bladder.
To assess the healing properties of this plant, doctors recommend taking a meal with a course, adding to food, since it belongs to dietary supplements. However, you can attend to the preparation of dishes with milk thistle, or make homemade tincture, which helps to cope with intoxication of any kind (it is mainly used for a hangover syndrome). The main ways of using the product:
- Tincture with a hangover syndrome should be prepared in advance. The scheme is simple: 50 g of powder is poured with vodka or alcohol (500 ml) and left for 14 days in a dark place. Use 25 drops diluted with 50 ml of warm water. Long-term use of this tincture helps to eliminate alcohol addiction.
- Milk thistle fruit cocktail is actively used during cleansing diets. The recipe is this: pour a teaspoon of oilcake with 50 ml of warm water overnight. In the morning, beat with a blender with 50 g of any frozen berries and 100 g of banana pulp. For a day you can not drink more than 2 servings of such a cocktail.
- Additive to salads and pastries - there are no clear recipes, since the cake can be added to any salad (including meat), to the dough by analogy with whole grain flour. However, you need to remember the dosages: for 200-300 g of salad, not more than 1 tsp. meal, and for the test - up to 1 tbsp. l
How to drink milk thistle powder
Whatever scheme you choose - liver protection, pressure adjustment or treatment of the whole organism, while taking this plant you will need to forget about fatty foods and alcohol, so as not to reduce the effect of therapy to zero. The meal consumption scheme will depend on the goals, but if it is not intended to prepare a decoction, tincture or tea, the powder should be taken with warm water and slightly chewed so that vegetable oils remaining in the shells are released.
For liver treatment
In chronic hepatitis, cirrhosis, biliary dyskinesia and other liver diseases, courses of treatment with milk thistle are carried out up to 2 times a year, each lasting 20 days. After they take a break for 2 weeks and again repeat the regimen for 20 days. Liver treatment is mainly carried out with a classic decoction:
- Boil 30 g of ground seeds in 500 ml of water so that the amount of liquid is reduced by 2 times. The fire is weak.
- Drink from 8 to 20 hours every hour on a teaspoon. Eating food does not affect the effectiveness of treatment.
How to determine the dosage
This rule applies only to liver diseases, as these are the most severe cases. In the treatment of other diseases, the dosage is lower and will be indicated in each specific recipe.
Usually, the right amount of powder in the treatment of liver disease is determined based on the weight of the patient. For every kilogram of weight 1 gram of meal is required. This number is divided into 5 receptions, which will need to be taken during the day.
I explain with a simple example. The weight of the patient is 70 kg. So his daily dosage will be 70 grams, which he will need to take in five doses, distributing the time in days evenly (on average every 5 hours). 70/5 = 14 grams - you need 1 dose.
Instructions for use of milk thistle meal
So, how to take meal? Using it for medicinal purposes implies 4 forms of preparation:
- Tea or Infusion
- Dry powder intake
We will analyze each case in more detail.
Use: to cleanse the blood, as a rejuvenating agent, if you want to lower cholesterol, with a hangover or alcohol dependence.
- For 50 grams of meal, 0.5 liters of vodka is taken. Tincture is infused for 2 weeks in any dark place (except for the refrigerator).
- Once a day, it is advisable to shake the tincture, so that the milk thistle meal gives better healing substances to alcohol.
- If you use alcohol instead of vodka, then dilute it to 40-50 degrees. This is the optimal figure, all that is stronger, it will be worse to absorb medicinal substances!
- Take 3 times a day, before meals in 30 minutes, diluting 30 drops of tincture in a small amount of water.
Most often, it is a decoction that is used in folk medicine. It can be used for the following health problems:
- All liver diseases, including hepatitis and cirrhosis
- To cleanse and restore the liver
- When salt is deposited
- For arthritis
- With osteochondrosis
- In case of poisoning
- After a course of chemotherapy, with oncology
- For toothache
- With weak immunity
- With a strong cough (Icelandic moss helps a lot)
- With diabetes
Below you can find recipes for the use of meal for all occasions.
With liver diseases
Liver diseases are severe, therefore, the best option is to conduct 2-3 courses of treatment per year. Each course of meal treatment is 20 days.
The broth is prepared as follows:
The right amount of powder is measured according to the weight of the patient (per 1 kg / 1 gram) and 0.5 l is poured. water. Over low heat, the broth is boiled until the amount of liquid is halved. After that, you can turn it off, let the broth cool, strain and start taking.
Take in equal amounts, every 5 hours, dividing the resulting broth into 5 parts. Every day you need to cook a new portion of the broth. For children, a decoction is prepared from whole seeds of milk thistle.
Salting Recommended Recipe
We take 2 tablespoons of meal to 0.5 liters of water and simmer over low heat until the liquid becomes exactly 2 times smaller.
Admission: 1 teaspoon 5 times a day, every 5 hours. The course of treatment is a month. After a month, you can take a break and, if necessary, repeat the treatment.
Indications and contraindications for use
It is possible to use remedies based on a medicinal plant not only for treating the liver. There is a huge list of conditions that are indications for the use of milk thistle:
How to clean milk thistle liver
- cirrhosis of the liver,
- inflammation of the liver of any origin,
- liver failure due to abuse of hormones
- biliary dyskinesia,
- prevention of atherosclerosis and oncological processes,
- stopping the progression of Alzheimer's disease,
- dermatological diseases
- premenopausal period and menopause (in order to reduce the severity of vegetative-vascular symptoms),
- poisoning of various origins.
There are few contraindications to use, but, like any means, they exist. Not prescribed for children under the age of twelve, mothers during lactation. Caution should be taken against the background of exacerbation of gallstone disease, and it is advisable to generally transfer the course of treatment to the period of remission. It is necessary to consult with your doctor about the possibility of using milk thistle during the period of bearing a child, as well as in the presence of hormone-dependent tumors. Alcohol tinctures are not recommended for pancreatitis, cirrhosis, acute gallbladder inflammation, allergic reactions, bronchial asthma, and nervous system disorders.
Alternative phyto-treatment options
In nature, there are plants that make up not only the gastronomic needs of people, but also help cleanse the liver of toxins and toxins. One of them is oats and pumpkin.
Crude oats are used to prevent liver disease. Cleansing is carried out using infusions and decoctions. In some recipes, the beneficial properties of oats are supplemented with other ingredients (lemon, rosehip).
With arthritis, osteochondrosis, heart diseases, with gynecological diseases, skin (psoriasis, vitiligo, etc.), with diabetes
For 1 tablespoon of meal, take 1 cup of boiling water and simmer over low heat for half an hour. After that, turn it off and cover with a lid, let it brew for another 10 - 15 minutes. Then the broth should be filtered and add boiled water to the volume that was at the beginning.
Reception: 1 tablespoon 3 times a day, 30 minutes before meals. The course of treatment is 1 month.
In oncology, after chemotherapy or in case of poisoning of the body
3 tablespoons per 0.5 liters of water. We boil in a water bath until only half of the original volume remains. Having cooled and filtered, you can take 1 tablespoon every hour. The course of treatment is determined individually, according to the sensations. Usually, treatment is completed when the condition stabilizes.
To strengthen immunity, treat cough
If you want to strengthen weak immunity, then you can resort to the following recipe (it can also be used during influenza epidemics):
Take 2 teaspoons of meal, pour 0.5 liters. boiling water or bring to a boil (if filled with cold water) and insist for another 10 minutes, closing the broth with a lid.
Reception: 1 tablespoon 3 times a day, 30 minutes before meals.
The cough is treated with the same decoction, in which after cooling you still need to add honey (1 - 2 tablespoons). Cough is also excellent in curing radish juice with honey.
Tea or infusion
This form of administration can be used for general strengthening of the body, for prophylactic purposes, and for losing weight (metabolism improves upon administration).
Such tea is prepared in an elementary way:
- 1 teaspoon per 0.5 liters of boiling water. Brew like ordinary tea, in a teapot or glass, covering it with a lid.
- Brewing time - 7 minutes.
- They drink like ordinary tea, adding boiling water. The best effect will be if you start drinking such a drink before meals, up to 3 times a day, 200 ml.
Diseases in which it is better to refrain from treatment with milk thistle meal
Ideally, it is best to get a consultation with a doctor before starting treatment and only after that start treatment. But, unfortunately, so few do. Therefore, here is a short list of diseases in which it is better to refrain from such treatment:
- Mental disorder
- Any chronic diseases (asthma, pancreatitis, cholecystitis)
- Individual intolerance
- Under 12 years old
To prolong the reception of this meal in dry form?
The standard course of treatment is 1 month. After a short break (usually a week), you can repeat it. Typically, for liver diseases, meal is taken for a long time with short breaks between courses, for prevention - it is enough to drink for a month.
1. "This rule implies a complete rejection of alcoholic beverages in all manifestations, and any fatty foods for the entire course of treatment!"
2. "How to cook: 0.5 grams of vodka is taken for 50 grams of meal." :)))))
Dmitry, what surprises you. You will drink the tincture in drops, and alcohol in our place, unfortunately, nobody drinks. More and more liters.
- Question - Answer (13)
- Spruce resin (3)
- Zhivitsa fir (3)
- Fat (badger, bear, etc.) (4)
- Interview (2)
- Cedar resin (12)
- White cinquefoil (10)
- Gum-based medicines (6)
- Medicinal plants, mushrooms, nuts (20)
- Therapeutic alcohol tinctures (8)
- Personal (1)
- Linseed, sea buckthorn and other oils (21)
- Mummy (6)
- Antler products (7)
- Beekeeping Products (17)
- Milk thistle (6)
- Pine Gum (2)
- Herbal preparations for various diseases (27)
- My 10 options for using honey, without hesitation, offhand 12/19/2019
- Altai honey - all varieties, types, medicinal properties, prices and characteristics in one article 12/13/2019
- What is useful fish oil capsules 12/10/2019
- What foods contain large amounts of iodine 11/23/2019
- Propolis –50 diseases that he treats, 9 medicinal properties and complete instructions for use 11/13/2019
Summary of the article: 1 Option No. 1 - the use of honey to cleanse the body2 Option No. 2 - use as a mild sedative 3 Option No.
Summary of the article: 1 Types of honey and their characteristics with a photo2 Which honey is the most useful3 Comparative table of medicinal properties of different varieties of honey4 What varieties.
Summary of the article: 1 Why capsules are popular2 All the beneficial properties of fish oil3 Benefits for the cardiovascular system4 Does it make sense to use fish.
Summary of the article: 1 Can there be an excess of iodine in the body2 Which foods contain a lot of iodine3 Tables of iodine content in various foods that are.
Summary of the article: 1 What is propolis2 Medicinal properties of propolis3 Chemical composition4 What propolis treats - a complete list of diseases5 Contraindications6 May.
Summary of the article: 1 Medicinal properties2 Composition of arterial collection3 Where to buy collection for cleaning vessels and how much it costs4 Rating of manufacturers and sellers.
Summary of the article: 1 Mummy - what is it and where does it come from2 How is a mummy formed3 Mummy composition4 What cures a mummy5 Diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system.
Summary of article: 1 White cinquefoil2 What diseases of the thyroid gland are prescribed treatment for cinquefoil3 Where to buy white cinquefoil4 White cinquefoil.
Summary of the article: 1 What is the Monastic tea and what it happens2 How effective is the Monastic tea3 Monastic tea - what is the truth4 Monastic tea.
Summary of the article: 1 Principles and benefits of “Siberian cleaning” 2 Instructions for conducting “Siberian cleaning” 3 Important note4 Reviews on “Siberian cleaning”, contraindications.
Summary of the article: 1 Milk thistle oil - benefits and harms2 What are the benefits3 Benefits for the liver4 Benefits for the heart and blood vessels5 Benefits for the gastrointestinal.
Summary of the article: 1 Vessel cleaning is the main purpose of the Altai Key collection 2 Why clean vessels are important 3 Wake-up calls that you can use.
Pumpkin with honey
This combination of products has not only a pleasant taste, but also cleanses the body. This is due to the presence in them of a large number of biologically active components.
Pumpkin with honey allows you to free the body from waste, toxins, excess water. The combination of pumpkin with honey helps to restore the structure of hepatocyte cell membranes.
For aesthetic procedures, oil of this medicinal plant is usually used, but milk thistle meal can also be used as a scrub. The benefits and harms of peeling with this powder depend on the sensitivity of the skin. If it is elevated, it is recommended to mix the herbal preparation with olive oil. It should be applied to the face and body and after a few minutes rinse with water. A natural remedy helps with rashes and irritations.
History of use in medicine
Thousands of years ago, ancient healers used milk thistle meal. The benefits and harms of various plants were well known to the ancient Greeks and Romans. They considered milk thistle a powerful antidote that could help with the bites of spiders and snakes. In the Middle Ages, many knowledge of ancient medicine was lost, but manuscripts describing the beneficial properties of this plant were preserved. Renaissance European doctors believed that its seeds were very effective in treating hepatitis. But this remarkable natural remedy found true recognition only in the middle of the twentieth century. Studies by German scientists have proven that milk thistle contains hundreds of components important to human health.
Use as a remedy
In alternative medicine, the most effective way to use oilcake is to prepare a simple infusion: pour 1 tsp with a glass of boiling water. raw materials, leave for 20 minutes. Dividing into 2 servings, they drink before meals in 15 minutes in small sips, always warm. After 40 days of treatment, a break of at least 2 weeks is needed. If the doctor considers it necessary, the course is repeated.
The crushed seeds and root should be taken in an amount of 30 grams and pour 0.5 liters of boiling water in a sealed container. It is advisable to do cooking in the evening, so that the potion is infused overnight. Method of application: take cooled and filtered medicine, take 0.5 cups 3 times a day.
Milk thistle seeds are used not only to cleanse the liver and treat diseases, but also for prevention, only the dose must be reduced by half.
What is included in milk thistle?
The benefit of this plant is due to its composition. Milk thistle is famous for its rich composition (200 elements), which has an effect on most organs of the body:
- Flavonoids are substances with an antioxidant effect that block the action of free radicals, thereby slowing down the aging of cells.
- Alkaloids - regulating blood pressure, reducing the risk of malignant tumors in the body, with analgesic effects.
- Saponins - get rid of foci of infection, purify the blood, and absorb cholesterol plaques.
- Tyramine is an amino acid that supports the thyroid gland, improves metabolism.
- Vitamin K - improves blood coagulation, supports the work of the kidneys, participates in the formation of bone tissue.
- Selenium - helps to increase immunity, relieves inflammation, improves metabolism.
- Panthenol - has a high regenerating property and anti-inflammatory effect.
- Nicotinic acid - improves blood circulation, memory, vision, has beneficial effects on blood vessels.
- Chlorophyll - improves pancreatic function, promotes the removal of toxins and toxins.
How to take milk thistle meal
The benefits of this tool are manifested only if it is taken correctly. Improper intake can also cause harm, so consult your doctor and read the contraindications section. For each disease, milk thistle meal intake is individual in nature, however, there are general reception rules suitable for preventive purposes and for the treatment of simple cases.
For this, milk thistle is used according to this scheme: 1 tsp. drink warm water, 3 times a day 25 minutes before eating.
The duration of treatment is no more than 1.5 months, with a repeat after 2 weeks, no more than 4 courses.
Such a course is quite suitable for cleaning and preventing liver diseases.
Composition and useful properties
The healing effect of the use of milk thistle cake is associated with the rich composition of the product. It contains more than 200 useful chemical compounds, including:
- micro and macro elements: selenium, zinc, potassium, iron, magnesium, chromium, etc.,
- vitamin complex: A, B1, IN2, E, D, K,
- flavonoids that prevent premature aging of the body,
- essential oils,
- alkaloids that gently anesthetize and protect against oncology,
- saponins necessary for blood purification and elimination of the inflammatory process,
- amino acids, etc.
100 g of oilcake contains 338 kcal. Meal is also rich in fats and carbohydrates and is a source of fiber, necessary for normal digestion.
The list of conditions and diseases in which thistle meal helps is extensive:
- gastrointestinal tract diseases
- metabolic slowdown
- psoriasis, acne, dermatitis,
- cardiovascular diseases,
- cirrhosis and other liver diseases,
- painful menstruation or cycle irregularities.
Due to the large amount of fiber, meal removes all harmful substances from the intestines, improves overall well-being, cleanses the skin and eliminates digestion problems. Thanks to the normalization of metabolism, weight quickly decreases, and the skin does not sag even with the loss of several tens of kilograms.
The use of milk thistle meal is also recommended for prevention. Flavonoids and alkaloids reduce the likelihood of developing oncology, and saponins maintain the health of the cardiovascular system.
Variegated thistle powder for prevention
The dosage of the meal, used not for medicinal purposes, but to restore the body or protect the liver, should be set individually, but always begin with 1 / 2-1 tsp, necessarily with food. For diseases of the stomach, it is advisable to eat meal not at the beginning of a meal. It is important to take into account the patient's age - children over 3 years old can also take a preventive course annually. The options are as follows:
- Children are given 1/2 tsp. meal with breakfast and lunch. The course is no longer than 25 days.
- Adults can drink milk thistle for 1-2 tsp. morning and evening, and the preventive course in duration varies from 30 to 40 days.
Indications for admission
Usually, doctors prescribe milk thistle meal to treat liver diseases, since the cake contains strong hepatoprotectors that protect the cells of the organ from harmful effects. This type of raw material is even used in the treatment of diseases such as hepatitis and cirrhosis.
The use of dried thistle seed cake is also recommended for the following problems:
- Poisoning. Especially good product helps to eliminate toxins. A lasting effect is provided by silymarin, which destroys poisons. For the treatment of poisoning, not only natural medicines from milk thistle are used. There is a special medicine for injection containing the active ingredient from the thistle. This method of treatment is even more effective than the use of meal or tablets with milk thistle.
- Gall or kidney stone disease. To break stones themselves, preparations based on a medicinal plant will not help. But they well remove inflammation and cleanse organs from harmful substances. Doctors often use meal in the treatment of kidney stones or gall bladder in conjunction with more potent drugs.
- Excess weight. Meal is also used for weight loss. The tool improves metabolism, prevents the formation of fat, removes excess water and relieves swelling.
- Varicose veins. Milk thistle supports healthy heart and blood vessels, regulates cholesterol and reduces the risk of developing atherosclerosis.
- Narcotic or alcohol intoxication. Silymarin destroys toxic substances and helps to eliminate toxins faster.
Despite the effectiveness, it is not recommended to be treated only with meal alone. Before taking a meal for prevention or therapy, it is worth consulting a doctor.
Side effects and contraindications
This plant does not cause harm to the body, no matter what part of it you encounter - milk thistle fruits, seeds and leaves are equally useful and safe, if you do not take into account individual intolerance, remember the dosages. However, doctors draw the attention of patients to the likelihood of discomfort in the right hypochondrium in people with cirrhosis and cholelithiasis, which is not a reason for cancellation. There are no strict contraindications to taking the drug, only a recommendation to be careful:
- in children 3-12 years old,
- with exacerbation of gallstone disease, gastritis,
With joint diseases
For joint diseases, it is possible to take milk thistle according to the general scheme. In addition to ingestion, sprat can be used as lotions and baths.
In order to prepare a lotion, you need to brew 30 g of milk thistle and insist 20 minutes, closing it with a lid. Then fold the bandage four times and put on it the pulp from the sprat.
Apply the resulting compress to the sore spot for half an hour.
They take baths with milk thistle if a gauze bag with sprat is put in water. Reception of such water procedures should not be more than 20 minutes.
With heart disease
Cardiovascular diseases (ischemia, heart attack, hypertension, stroke) are the first causes of population mortality. The main cause of these diseases is vascular atherosclerosis, which is very difficult to treat. Milk thistle meal can suspend subsequent deposits, as it contains silymarin, which can strengthen the membrane of any cell. In addition to it, a large number of fatty acids, macro and microelements are present in the composition, which can also improve the elasticity and strength of blood vessels and have a cholesterol-lowering effect.
The recommended scheme for the use of milk thistle is as follows: 2 tbsp. l dry meal to eat throughout the day, taking with water 30 minutes before meals. The dosage can be divided into several doses, for example 3-5 times. The duration of admission is 1 month. Repeat the reception 3-4 times a year.
With gynecological diseases
The instructions for milk thistle meal indicate the correct dosage in the treatment of gynecological problems. It has a positive effect on the endocrine system of women and men, and because of the large amount of vitamin E that is part of it, it helps to regulate the level of sex hormones. In addition, vitamin E is considered a strong antioxidant that prevents the development of tumors, heals wounds and erosion.
For the treatment of vaginitis, erosion and other problems, you can use douching with filtered infusion of milk thistle meal, for 12 days.
For skin diseases
Rich in milk thistle, it can heal superficial skin lesions. All components have a wound healing, tonic and anti-inflammatory effect. Dermatologists recommend complex medical treatment in conjunction with the use of folk remedies. However, many argue that it is possible to cope with skin diseases using only herbal infusions and lotions.
Milk thistle can affect the skin both externally and internally. To treat eczema, psoriasis, acne, meal can be used for 40 days in this way:
- 200 g of oilseed meal and 200 g of crushed leaves of milk thistle, mix and pour in three liters of water.
- The resulting mixture was brought to a boil, cooled and left in a dark place.
- Before use, a decoction (200 g / 3) should be filtered and consumed in the morning on an empty stomach 3 times a day.
Lotions for external use are made from milk thistle. To prepare it, you need son-in-law 3 tbsp. meal and mix with half a liter of olive oil. The mixture must be heated in a water bath, close the lid and boil for about 10 minutes. After the oil should be cooled and poured into a dark glass bottle. Lubricate the damaged area with oil once a day for two weeks. Repeat if necessary. If the oil does not fit the skin, which also happens, the use of compresses from milk thistle broth is allowed.
Milk thistle meal has an analgesic effect, so its decoction is often used for toothache. In addition, it is able to relieve swelling and inflammation, which will help prolong the visit to the doctor.
To prepare the broth, you need to brew 1 tsp. in a glass of boiling water, cover and insist 15-20 minutes. The broth should be slightly cooled and rinsed several times a day until the pain decreases.
Price of milk thistle meal
The advantage of this product is its availability: a simple powder in St. Petersburg and Moscow can be found at a price of 26 rubles per pack of 100 g. There are often no problems with the presence of meal in pharmacies and, if necessary, you can order the goods at the selected point, however In some cases, shipping costs will be added. The price picture for Moscow pharmacies can be tracked in the table:
Side effects, contraindications and harm
Milk thistle meal, the benefit of which has already been considered above, is considered a potent plant, so excessive intake can cause harm, as well as lead to such side effects:
- allergic reactions
- pain in the gastrointestinal tract,
- pain in the liver.
It is strongly not recommended to take meal if:
- the patient has a mental illness,
- the patient is depressed
- age up to 12 years
- frequent shortness of breath
Price and where to buy
Milk thistle meal is a fairly common product that can be purchased at a network of pharmacies. Meal can be sold in various forms:
- powder - price from 70-120 rubles per 100 g,
- tablets - the price is from 80-300 rubles,
- capsules - from 90-350 rubles,
- tincture - from 90-180 rubles,
- oil - from 150-400 rubles.