A snow-white, radiant smile is one of the main guarantees of attractiveness, each of us dreams of having strong, healthy, white teeth, but not all gifted them with such, and most of the population is faced with the problem of dull, darkened teeth. From the point of view of aesthetics, this does not look the best way, but in addition to the visual problem, dark enamel can be a provocateur of a number of other troubles in the oral cavity and can be a source of bacterial development.
To choose the right, suitable method for yourself, you need to understand the causes of darkening of tooth enamel, and they will try to neutralize these unfavorable sources, and only then proceed to the whitening itself.
Why teeth darken
- Neglect of the rules of care and hygiene of the oral cavity. Inadequate toothbrushing, too hard a toothbrush that does not remove all existing plaque, and if you miss part of the plaque on one tooth, it will also be affected by two neighboring bacteria on both sides.
- Caries. Unfortunately, we come across this concept in childhood, when we eat chocolate products in unlimited quantities, and we transfer this problem to our adult life. 80% of the population live with caries, it can feel great and develop under fillings, which we don’t even know about, and as a result it leads to decay, tooth extraction.
- Frequent use of coffee, red wine, black tea, juices, soda water containing dyes. Of course, you should not completely deny yourself your favorite drinks, but simply reduce the number and frequency of meals, and also, if possible, brush your teeth or use chewing gum after each cup of coffee.
- Smoking is a very addictive habit for tooth color. Tobacco resins are deposited on enamel, in connection with which, its shade becomes not just yellow, but saturated brown and a peculiar, unpleasant odor from the mouth appears.
- Long-term use of an antibiotic, in particular the Tetracycline series, it is very dangerous for teeth, it quickly provokes the appearance of dark, almost black spots, which are almost impossible to get rid of even by professional methods.
- A tooth injury, in which a rupture of the vascular - nerve bundle of fibers occurred, triggers of this can also become neglected caries or pulpitis.
- Fluorosis - a serious disease associated with excess fluoride in drinking water, can not only affect the color of enamel, but also lead to complete or partial loss of teeth.
- Food with a lack of calcium in foods, or its complete absence (relevant for quick snacks with sandwiches, junk food). In this case, you need to take special, complex vitamins with enough Ca.
- Incorrectly selected toothpaste and brush stiffness. Many people think that if you constantly use whitening paste, your teeth will be white, but this is a myth, dentists recommend using such a paste 1-3 times a week, not more often, otherwise your natural, protective enamel will be worn off. Regarding the brush, it should be of medium softness or extremely soft, so as not to injure the gums and cause bleeding and inflammation, which in turn also affect a number of factors that cause darkening of the teeth.
How to whiten teeth with folk remedies
Soda has abrasive substances in the composition, thanks to this it perfectly cleans various surfaces and equipment in our house. Regarding teeth, baking soda destroys pigments and stains on enamel, and also removes plaque without a trace.
Recipe number 1
Mix half a teaspoon of baking soda with a spoon of water, stir well until smooth, brush the mixture on the teeth, leaving for 1-2 minutes, then rinse the mouth with water well.
Recipe number 2
Add a pinch of soda to toothpaste and brush your teeth in the usual way.
The method works well, the result is noticeable immediately, but it can be used no more than once every 7 days, since, in addition to plaque, the enamel itself is also cleaned, as a result of which it is significantly thinner.
Recipe number 1
Dilute 1 part of peroxide with 10 parts of boiled water, and use to rinse after standard toothpaste cleaning.
Recipe number 2
Moisten a cotton pad in 3% hydrogen peroxide and gently wipe the surface of the teeth, being careful not to touch the tongue and palate.
The course of such whitening in both the first and second cases consists of 14 days, after which you must definitely take a break for 2-3 weeks, so as not to damage the natural enamel.
Combine small sea salt with equal amounts of lemon juice, soak a brush in the mixture and brush out the teeth, this method copes with the goal in 3-5 procedures, also serves as an excellent antiseptic, but may cause discomfort and burning sensation in the mouth, if there are slight wounds, scratches, swelling.
The course is carried out once a month for a duration of 7-8 days.
Crush a tablet of activated carbon until a powder forms, apply to a wet toothbrush and clean the surface of the teeth, then rinse your mouth 2-3 times, and use regular toothpaste. Repeat every 7-10 days, frequent use irritates the gums and spoils the enamel.
Edible or cosmetic oil can be purchased in supermarkets or a pharmacy, as a result of using this product an antibacterial, wound healing effect will be provided, as well as fresh breath.
Recipe number 1
Keep a teaspoon of oil in your mouth until it melts and becomes liquid, rinse your teeth for 10 minutes, spit it out and rinse your mouth well with hot, boiled water to neutralize the remaining oil in the oral cavity.
Recipe number 2
Mix 5 grams coconut oil with 1 gram of soda and use instead of toothpaste in the morning and evening, then rinse well with water.
Recipe number 3
Melt a small amount of oil in a water bath, moisten it with a clean, soft piece of tissue and wipe each tooth individually.
It is safe to use these methods two to three times a week.
Essential oil will help to overcome any bacterial infections and clean tooth enamel. To do this, add 3 drops of the product to 250 ml of warm water and use it as a rinse, after using the paste, 2-3 times a week.
Very effective strawberry-based whitening scrub. The pulp of half the strawberries, mixed with a pinch of soda and sea salt, gently brushing your teeth with massage movements, it is important that the brush was soft, then rinse your mouth well. Repeat procedures 1-2 times a week.
Lemon juice can destroy tartar, whiten enamel and strengthen the gums, the effect is quite fast, but care must be taken, because the lemon is very concentrated due to acid, and this can lead to thinning of enamel.
Important! A few hours before the procedure and a few after, do not drink colored drinks or products, as the teeth may stain in a certain color.
Before whitening with this method, you first need to brush your teeth with a paste, then you can simply lubricate the teeth with a slice of lemon, or squeeze juice out of it and blot it with a toothbrush for standard cleaning, rinse your mouth with cold water after the procedure.
Use this method every 10 days.
The plus is that the method is simple and can be used for a long time, it’s enough to add a few drops of aloe juice to the toothpaste during the daily brushing procedure.
It is better to use apple cider vinegar, it is less concentrated and in this case it will be much safer than usual, but the frequency of the procedure should not exceed 3 times every 10 days.
Rinse the mouth with vinegar in its pure form, after brushing your teeth with paste and rinse the remaining vinegar well with water.
How to whiten teeth at home quickly, without harm to teeth
There are express methods with which you can quickly and whitely achieve snow-white teeth, they are safe only if they are not abused, otherwise you can spoil the tooth enamel very significantly and develop a number of complications and diseases of the oral cavity.
Grate the zest on a fine grater, and gently rub into each tooth individually, or simply wipe the entire surface of the teeth with the inner (white) side of the peel. Repeat once a month, the effect after the first application for a long time.
Perhaps the most effective recipe for home whitening, based on the preparation of pasta with your own hands.
To do this, mix turmeric in equal amounts in powder form with coconut oil, and add 2-3 drops of essential peppermint oil, mix until smooth, use as a regular paste on an ongoing basis or alternating with classic pastes.
Lemon + Soda
The combination of these two ingredients gives the longest and most powerful effect. When lemon juice and soda are combined, a chemical reaction will occur, and the mixture will begin to foam, after the reaction is complete, stir the mixture to a paste consistency. Before the procedure, you need to wet your teeth with a dry, paper towel, apply the paste itself, carefully rubbing into each tooth, the cleaning process itself should last at least five minutes, rinse your mouth with cool water at the end. Use 1 time in 7-10 days.
Do it yourself pasta
Mix 60 grams of pharmacy white clay with purified water to a paste, pour 5 milliliters of honey, 8-10 drops of propolis and two drops of chamomile oil and sage oil. It can be used on an ongoing basis, stored in an opaque container for no more than a month after preparation.
In addition to an excellent whitening effect, this paste will give a healing, anti-inflammatory effect, a great find for people with increased sensitivity of teeth and bleeding gums.
What to do to make your teeth white
General rules and recommendations that will help you achieve and maintain a snow-white smile and oral health:
- Hygiene: clean teeth twice a day, with a duration of 2-4 minutes,
Important! Do not forget to clean your tongue, because it is also the source and carrier of a huge number of bacteria that can affect the gums and destroy teeth!
As you can see, there are many effective and budgetary ways to give your teeth a second life, make them attractive, healthy and strong. Stop looking for excuses and put off the dream of a Hollywood smile for tomorrow, act today!
5 ways to whiten your teeth at home
I work as a dentist. A week ago, a patient with increased tooth sensitivity came to me.
She said that she had been brushing her teeth with baking soda all week and thought they would become brighter. In reality, everything turned out to be wrong. In this article I will tell how whitening works. What are the ways of home whitening and why you need to be wary of soda, coal and lemon juice.
How does teeth whitening work?
The active ingredient of any bleaching preparation is hydrogen peroxide. It is found in absolutely all professional whitening preparations. The higher the concentration of peroxide, the stronger the bleaching effect. For example, in strips for home bleaching contains 6% hydrogen peroxide, in cabinet whitening Zoom, where light activation is used - 25%.
During bleaching, hydrogen peroxide from the bleaching gel destroys the enamel pigment and leaches minerals from it. Enamel begins to perform worse its protective functions and passes irritants that act on the nerve. Teeth begin to respond to cold, heat, sour and sweet foods. Even a simple brushing. When they say that whitening is dangerous, they mean just that. But, if enamel is strengthened, its structure will be strong and the whitening agent will destroy only the pigment.
When you can not bleach
If the teeth are damaged, for example, caries, a wedge-shaped defect or erosion. Whitening can harm such teeth and aggravate the disease. Before bleaching, you should consult your dentist. He will check if there is damage to the teeth and, if he finds something, he will offer you to be treated.
Large fillings, single veneers and crowns on the front teeth also interfere. They, unlike enamel, do not bleach. The problem can be solved only by replacing them with new ones.
1. Gel whitening in individual mouthguards
For such whitening, you need to go to the dentist and ask to make an individual mouthguard. These mouth guards cannot be bought anywhere. To make them, the dentist will take casts from your teeth and make mouth guards for them exactly. They completely repeat the shape of your dentition and will not suit anyone else. For the same reason, other people's mouthguards will not suit you.
Individual mouth guards are almost invisible to others when you are talking or smiling. You can wear them not only at home, but also at work, meeting or other events. Less - you can’t eat in them.
Also, the dentist needs to find out what concentration of the gel to use and how long to use it. Each tooth shade needs its own whitening scheme. Whitening gel of various concentrations is sold in syringes with a convenient thin nose.
- Prepare the mouthguard, rinse and dry it
- Squeeze the gel from the syringe into the mouthguard so that it covers the entire inner surface with a thin layer
- Place the mouthguard in the center of the dentition
- Fix on the teeth with finger pressure. Upper - with thumbs, lower - with middle and forefinger
- Rinse and dry the tray after use.
Gradually, day after day, the result is manifested. The concentration in gels for home whitening is quite low, from 10 to 20%, but this is offset by long-term exposure. No harm from such whitening, according to research, was found. The main thing is not to go into the mouth guard longer than the dentist recommends.
Individual mouth guards are reusable. You just need to rinse and dry them after use. For storage, you can buy a special container. It protects the mouth guard from dust and damage.
2. Gel in universal mouth guards
Unlike individual, universal mouthguards are disposable. They do not need to be made in the office of the dentist. They are made of elastic material that fit on any shape of the dentition. The downside is that they are opaque and voluminous. Because of this, they are visible to others and can interfere with talking.Such mouthguards are best worn at home or in the period of time when you do not need to communicate with anyone.
For universal mouthguards you do not need to buy a whitening gel. The manufacturer sells them in protective packaging and pre-fills them with a viscous gel that does not leak. True gel concentration is only 10%.
- Remove the tray from the protective packaging.
- Grasp the holder and place the mouthguard in the center of the dentition
- Lightly bite or press down the mouth guard with your tongue.
- Pull on the holder and pull out the top color layer
- Tongue spread the white inner layer
- Repeat with the second tray
- Throw out the tray after use.
The manufacturer recommends wearing a mouthguard for 30 to 40 minutes a day. But it is better, as is the case with an individual mouth guard, consult a dentist. You must always remember that each shade of teeth needs its own bleaching scheme.
Universal mouthguards are sold immediately with gel, but they are not so convenient.
3. Gel with light activation
The main elements are a luminous patch kappa and a whitening gel in a concentration of 6.5%. While the kappa emits blue light, the gel heats up and brightens the teeth in five shades in four daily eight-minute sessions.
The low concentration gel itself whitens slightly. But studies show that light activation enhances the whitening effect. As a result, even a low concentration of gel with light activation can whiten your teeth by several tones.
- Apply gel on the upper and lower teeth from the outside
- Place the mouthguard on the upper and lower lip
- Press the start button on the control, the kappa lights up in blue
- Do not remove the tray until the light goes out. This will happen 8 minutes after turning on.
- Take out the mouth guard, spit out excess saliva
- Wipe the mouthguard
- Repeat the procedure
The manufacturer recommends repeating the procedure up to 4 times a day for no more than 10 consecutive days.
4. Bleaching strips
Externally, the whitening strips are slightly noticeable, but they do not interfere with smiling and talking. They adhere tightly to the teeth and do not slip.
The concentration of the whitening gel in strips is 6%. This is less than the gel for universal mouthguards. Therefore, the effect of them will also be less. In one course, the enamel can be whitened no more than four tones.
- Remove the strips from the protective packaging.
- Peel off the long strip from the backing
- Attach it with the sticky side to the front surface on the teeth of the upper jaw
- Bend and lock with your thumbs and index fingers
- Take a short strip and glue it on the teeth of the lower jaw
- Peel off after 30 minutes and discard
The manufacturer recommends wearing strips 30 minutes a day for up to 20 days. Despite such a long course, there is a positive study that did not find harm in the bleaching strips. But if you use them even longer, you may experience increased sensitivity of the teeth and discomfort in the oral cavity.
Whitening pastes remove plaque from tea, coffee and tobacco. With the help of them you can return the enamel to its natural shade, which does not necessarily turn out to be white. Those who follow hygiene do not smoke or drink coffee; most likely, they will not notice the effect of whitening after pastes. To whiten the enamel in several tones, like gel, will not work.
Whitening pastes are abrasive and enzymatic. The difference is how they act on the raid.
Abrasive pastes they clean enamel with the help of special “hard” substances - silicon dioxide, calcium carbonate, aluminum oxides. They are in every toothpaste. In abrasive ones, there are much more of them than in ordinary ones. To distinguish between pastes by “hardness”, the American Dental Association (ADA) introduced the abrasion index - RDA. In ordinary ones, it is less than 100, in abrasive pastes - from 101 to 250. Brushing your teeth with abrasive pastes more often than once a week is harmful to enamel.
Enzyme pastes they don’t scrub enamel, but break down plaque with enzymes - enzymes. These are polydol, pyrophosphates, papain and bromelain. These pastes have a low RDA - up to 60. Enzyme and abrasive pastes are equally effective, but enzymatic pastes do not scratch the enamel. Lovers of coffee, wine and tobacco can brush their teeth with a paste of enzymes all the time.
What to do after bleaching
Do not eat coloring products for 2 days. Otherwise, the teeth may stain. That is, do not drink black tea, coffee, red wine, cherry juice, Coca-Cola, and do not eat sauces, tomato soup borsch. Everything that stains your shirt will stain your teeth.
Perform a remineralization procedure if you feel uncomfortable while brushing your teeth or pain when eating. In this case, be sure to consult your dentist. If he does not detect diseases, he will offer you to undergo a remineralization procedure again. It can be done in the dentist’s office or at home using universal mouthguards with remineralizing gel.
What can not whiten teeth
Coarse Powderse.g. toothpowder, baking soda and activated carbon. These are powerful abrasives. They scratch the enamel more strongly than abrasive pastes with the highest RDA. Enamel becomes rough. Microbes settle on it more easily and begin the carious process.
High acidity foodsfor example, lemon, orange or apple cider vinegar. Their acid upsets the acid-base balance in the mouth. As a result, minerals are washed out of enamel, erosion appears.
The principle of operation is similar to whitening by professional means. The difference is that in professional products, the acid concentration is designed for optimal and safe action. If you follow the recommendations during bleaching, it will not work.
In food "bleaches" the concentration of acid is high. Lovers of freshly squeezed orange juice sometimes suffer from enamel erosion, although they just drank the juice.
- Before bleaching, it is necessary to carry out preparation - remineralization. She will make enamel steady.
- Teeth should not be whitened if there are injuries, large fillings, single veneers and crowns on the teeth.
- Gel bleaching in an individual mouthguard is the most aesthetic and convenient. But you need to make an individual mouthguard at the dentist, and buy the gel separately.
- Universal mouthguards are sold immediately with gel, but they are not so convenient.
- In systems with light activation, a low concentration of whitening gel. But light enhances the effect and the system whitens the teeth by 5 tones.
- In bleaching strips the lowest concentration of peroxide. They will have to be used longer than other methods.
- Whitening pastes remove plaque from tea, coffee and tobacco. With the help of them you can return the enamel to its natural shade, which does not necessarily turn out to be white. To whiten the enamel in several tones, like gel, will not work.
- After bleaching, coloring products should be excluded from the diet. If the teeth become sensitive, undergo a remineralization procedure.
- Do not whiten teeth with powders with large particles and foods with high acidity.
Healthy teeth are an indicator of a healthy body as a whole. We have prepared 15 health tips for you to help keep you youthful and energetic. Enter your email and click download ↓
Simple tips on how to quickly whiten your teeth at home
Teeth whitening procedure to remove plaque (in some cases stones) from enamel.
People who want to buy it turn to snow-white smile before an important meeting or event.
It is quite natural to desire a quick result for one day, which will help products stored on kitchen shelves.
What does it take to whiten your teeth at home in a short time?
A set of procedures carried out both in the clinic and at home will create the best result. However, you can quickly get rid of the hated raid by spending minimum amount of time and household products.
It is worth considering that not recommended to everyone whitening procedure. Before starting the process, need to make sure, what:
- The teeth are completely healthy. With regular visits to the dental chair semiannually You can not worry about the preservation of teeth and feel free to carry out whitening. Otherwise, the best solution would be to first visit a specialist.
- The oral cavity is healthy. If there are diseases of the gums, mucous membranes or tongue, with cracks, cuts, infectious diseases, you should immediately consult a doctor and do not whiten your teeth.
- No allergy to the dominant substance. It’s easy to check: apply the composition on the skin and wait 10 minutes. If there are no signs of a rash, irritation, or itching, then the substance is suitable for use.
To bleach with this tool, you need to grind it into powder and add a little water. The resulting porridge to brush your teeth and rinse your mouth thoroughly.
Due potassium hydroxide, which is part of the drug, the process of whitening tooth enamel occurs.
He is capable not only lighten teethbut and restore. Small particles, getting on the enamel, absorb harmful bacteria, preventing them from multiplying. Therefore, the result is not only a beautiful, but also a healthy smile.
Important! The procedure is best done before bedtimesince small particles of activated carbon may remain on the teeth.
For soda bleaching necessary:
- Mix the powder with water until paste conditions.
- Brush your teeth, not swallowing composition.
- Leave on 10 minutes.
- Rinse the mouth thoroughly warm boiled water.
Attention! Soda is an aggressive substance and you need to be extremely careful with it. Do not use a hard brush to brush your teeth, crush and do not resort to such a method toooften.
1 day hydrogen peroxide bleaching
This solution is the main ingredient in professional tooth enamel cleansers. Substance is extremely aggressivelytherefore special care must be taken caution when his application.
Exist two methods home use peroxide for enamel clarification:
Photo 1. Hydrogen peroxide for teeth whitening: rinsing and rubbing with a cotton pad.
- Rinse your mouth 1.5% solutionthen rinse again with warm water. At the slightest burning sensation, spit it out immediately.
- To take 3% solution, moisten a cotton pad with them and brush them over the teeth. Leave for 5 minutes. Carefully remove residues with water.
Important! The presented method is much more effective with repeated use, however, it can remove plaque in 1 day. Hydrogen peroxide can be used no more than Once a week.
Quick clarification with citric acid
Lemon juice has a beneficial effect on the oral cavity. In addition to getting rid of plaque and stones, it will help remove odor from the mouth and strengthen the gums. However, citric acid is aggressive and a number must be followed. rules to avoid complications:
- Before the procedure, brush your teeth with a regular paste.
- Do not drink colored drinks 2 days after the procedure.
- To carry out bleaching no more often 1 time in 10 days.
Use lemon juice for clarification simply:
- Take a slice of lemon and carefully rub the juice into each tooth.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water.
The procedure will be much more effective with repeated use, however, after 1 time the enamel will also become much whiter.
The modern market is ready to offer high-quality, whitening toothbrushes. Due speed and intensity of nozzles going over effective removal of plaque and stones, which prevents the appearance of diseases in the oral cavity.
Reference. A whitening toothbrush not only destroys all plaque, but also produces gum massagestrengthening them.
A similar result can not be achieved by brushing your teeth with an ordinary brush.
Photo 2. Philips Electric Toothbrush Model Sonicare Flexcare Platinum, HX9110 / 02.
Which option is most effective at home?
The most effective means are soda and hydrogen peroxide. They are capable whiten your teeth and at a time, but for a better result, a whole range of procedures is required.
Choose a composition that is right for you and will be able to give a snow-white, Hollywood smile!
Why teeth turn yellow
The teeth change color, become yellow or brown due to stains that occur both on the surface of the teeth (enamel) and deep in the structure of the tooth.
Under the surface of the enamel is a beige substance, dentin, which becomes visible when the enamel becomes thinner. Enamel erosion occurs due to the loss of hard tooth tissue that has been removed from the surface of the tooth.
Although you should not expect your teeth to remain shiny and white until old age, many factors accelerate discoloration of the teeth.
Here are a few reasons why your teeth turn yellow, beige or brown.:
· Coffee and tea consumption
· Thinning of tooth enamel due to age
· Nutrition: this includes the consumption of a large number of high-acid foods, including sugary drinks, sweets, and some fruits.
Dry mouth (lack of saliva means less protection for enamel)
· Breathing through the mouth and nasal congestion. This reduces the amount of saliva and interferes with hydration of the teeth.
Excessive Fluoride Intake
Teeth whitening methods at home
There are many tools for whitening teeth, most of which use chemicals that damage the teeth and tooth enamel, due to which the teeth become sensitive.
An alternative to this are various home remedies that also whiten teeth effectively.
1. Teeth whitening soda
Baking soda has a light abrasive property. This abrasiveness helps to remove stains and plaque from the teeth and whiten them. And all this can be done in a few minutes.
· Dry your teeth with a towel. Wet the toothbrush, dip it in soda and brush your teeth as usual. You need to brush your teeth for 3 minutes.
· You can use baking soda with regular toothpaste to brush your teeth.
· Also you can withmix a small amount of baking soda with hydrogen peroxideto make a paste and use it for brushing your teeth.
2. Teeth whitening with soda and foil
There is another recipe for teeth whitening using soda and aluminum foil, which promises results in a few days.
· Take a small amount of baking soda and toothpaste and mix them.
· Take a piece of aluminum foil and fold along the length and width of the teeth.
· Put the paste on the foil and wrap the teeth with foil
· Leave the foil with the paste for 1 hour.
· Then remove the foil and rinse the mixture with water.
Remember: Baking soda can erase the protective enamel of the teeth, so this method can be used 1-2 times a week.
3. Teeth whitening with hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide has whitening properties. It oxidizes the organic matrix under tooth enamel, brightening it. This does not cause significant changes in tooth enamel and is an absolutely safe method for quick tooth whitening. The only thing to remember is not to swallow peroxide.
· Take a solution of hydrogen peroxide and pour it into a small container, pat a clean cloth from the cloth in this liquid and gently brush your teeth with a wet cloth.
· You can also wet your toothbrush in a peroxide solution and use it to brush your teeth.
Remember: Prolonged exposure to hydrogen peroxide can damage the tissues of the oral cavity.
4. Teeth Whitening Activated Carbon
Activated carbon is an absorbent substance that can absorb and remove toxins from the body, both inside and outside.
In addition, activated carbon itself is not absorbed into the body. It is also an effective tool for whitening teeth, as binds plaque and microscopic particles that stain teeth and wash them. It absorbs unpleasant odors and acts as a disinfectant.
· Wet the toothbrush and dip it into powdered activated carbon. Brush your teeth as usual for 2 minutes, and then rinse your mouth thoroughly until the contents are clear.
· Add some water to activated charcoal to make a thick paste, dip a toothbrush into the paste and brush your teeth for 2 minutes. Rinse your mouth thoroughly. Repeat this procedure 2-3 times a week.
Remember: Activated carbon can stain crowns, protective pads and porcelain veneers. If your teeth become sensitive, stop using this tool.
5. Teeth whitening with coconut oil
One of the easiest and best ways to whiten your teeth naturally is mouthwash. Rinsing your mouth with coconut oil is considered one of the most effective remedies. Coconut oil contains lauric acid, which removes bacteria that cause yellow teeth.
Studies have shown that oil rinses can reduce the amount of plaque on the teeth and gingivitis.
· Put a spoonful of coconut oil in the oral cavity and rinse it between the teeth for 5 to 20 minutes.
· You can also add a few drops of coconut oil to your toothbrush and brush your teeth as usual.
· To whiten your teeth, you can use the corner of a clean terry cloth soaked in oil to rub it into your teeth.
Since oil rinsing is completely safe, you can do this procedure daily along with regular brushing.
6. Teeth whitening with tea tree oil
Tea tree oil restores and strengthens the gums, reduces the amount of plaque, prevents tooth decay, cleans the space between the teeth and tongue.
Regular use of tea tree oil will also help whiten teeth by 1-2 shades in a completely natural way.
· Brush your teeth in the usual way. After that, apply a few drops of tea tree oil on the toothbrush and brush your teeth again. Rinse your mouth with water.
Repeat this procedure 2-3 times a week, and in a month you will notice the difference.
7. Teeth whitening strawberries
Strawberries contain folic acid, which helps cleanse and exfoliate your teeth. Thanks to this, the teeth look cleaner and whiter. Strawberries also contain vitamin C, which helps get rid of plaque, and malic acid, which slightly whitens teeth.
Mash strawberries and mix with a little baking soda to make a natural whitening paste.
· Cut the strawberries in half and use the halves to brush your teeth for 1 minute.
Mash 3 strawberries and add some sea salt. Remove excess saliva in your mouth with a paper towel and then apply a generous portion of the mixture over the entire surface of the teeth. Leave the mixture for 5 minutes and rinse your mouth. Repeat the procedure overnight.
8. Teeth whitening with apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is also believed to help get rid of stains on teeth. Although you may not get instant results, apple cider vinegar is a natural method that will help restore teeth whiteness with regular use.
· Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 2 parts water. Rinse your mouth for 2 minutes. Repeat daily.
· Mix 1 part baking soda with 2 parts apple cider vinegar. Use this mixture to brush your teeth.
· Apply apple cider vinegar directly to your teeth, and rinse your mouth with water after a few minutes.
· Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar and 2 parts water and use this solution to rinse your mouth every morning.
9. Teeth whitening with a banana peel
Another homemade method for whitening your teeth is to use a banana peel. Bananas are rich in nutrients and minerals such as nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, manganese, sodium, iron and sulfur, which are also present in the peel.
The banana peel absorbs bacteria and germs from the teeth, thus whitening them.
- Take a ripe banana and rub your teeth with the inside of the peel for 2 minutes. Then rinse your mouth with water. Repeat twice daily.
10. Strips for teeth whitening
Teeth whitening strips are one of the popular and inexpensive means that help to find a snow-white smile.
Strip manufacturers claim that the effect will be noticeable already on the 3rd day of using the strips. However, on average, results can be seen after about a week of use, which also depends on the level of yellowness of the teeth. The whitening effect can last from 6 months to a year after a full course.
Whitening strips are very easy to use. Typically, a kit consists of two strips, one of which is placed on top and the other on the bottom. They can be worn while you are doing household or other things.
Blot your teeth with a tissue to remove excess saliva.
· Place the strips so that they do not touch the gums.
· Press the strips to the teeth and leave a maximum for an hour (depending on what is said in the instructions).
Remember that long use of the strips can damage the gums and damage the tooth enamel.
Teeth whitening without harm
Many tooth whitening chemicals can damage teeth by removing tooth enamel.
The constant use of whitening strips can eventually cause erosion of the enamel and make the teeth sensitive., especially when consuming hot, cold and sour foods.
Although dentists believe that many products are safe, those that contain a lot of acid increase the risk of tooth decay with frequent use.
These funds are needed use sparingly, ideally after you try home remedies.
Remember that the best way to whiten your teeth is to eat right, quit smoking, brush your teeth and gums regularly, and limit your coffee, tea, and sugary foods.
7 ways to whiten teeth at home
7 ways to whiten teeth at home
White teeth without plaque are a sign of health not only in the oral cavity, but also in the whole organism. The absence of plaque and yellowness on the enamel indicates a healthy microflora of the oral cavity. A bright brilliant smile on all teeth is considered an indispensable sign of a successful person.
What methods allow you to clean yellow teeth from plaque on their own? How to whiten teeth at home?
In dental practice, there are two procedures that result in enamel clarification. This is whitening and cleansing the surface of the crown. As a result of both procedures, the color of the teeth changes, the surface is cleaned of stains and loses yellow. But the essence of the procedures is different.
Under purification understand the removal of plaque in any way possible (mechanical cleaning, laser, ultrasound, photo paste or paste with particles of abrasive substance).
With proper conduct, the method has almost no contraindications for use. An exception are situations when the enamel is too thin and there is a high probability of damage to it during the cleaning process. Enamel thickness is diagnosed visually by its transparency. If the layer is thin, dentin (yellow hue) shines through from it. To clean such an enamel is dangerous and contraindicated.
After the cleaning procedure, the yellow teeth acquire a natural color, light, but not dazzling white. Natural enamel has a faint beige hue.
Whitening procedure consists in a targeted effect on the pigmentation of enamel. As a rule, atomic oxygen is used for this, which penetrates the surface tissues (enamel and dentin lying under the enamel), interacts with the pigment and destroys it.
When deciding how to whiten your teeth at home, you need to choose the best method that cleans plaque and does not injure enamel.
For teeth whitening at home, uses methods based on both processes: cleaning the crown and affecting the color of enamel. Consider the most effective and safe methods that solve the question of how to whiten your teeth at home.
Method number 1: teeth whitening with hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is the basis of most of the finished gels used to whiten enamel. Peroxide allows you to successfully whiten your teeth at home without the use of expensive finished products. To remove yellow plaque on the teeth with peroxide, two methods are used: rubbing and rinsing. Brush your teeth like this:
- soak a cotton swab in a solution of hydrogen peroxide,
- rub your teeth several times with a cotton swab,
- rinse your mouth with water.
To rinse, take a third of a glass of water, add 25 drops of the finished pharmacy peroxide (3%) to it. After peroxide, rinse your mouth with clean water. In bleaching with hydrogen peroxide, rinsing with clean water is a mandatory end to the procedure.
The theoretical basis of hydrogen peroxide bleaching
Teeth whitening with hydrogen peroxide is the most famous and effective way. Peroxide provides a double action: cleans plaque and discolors enamel. By chemical composition, it is water having an additional oxygen atom (Н2О2 or Н2О + О). In bleaching with hydrogen peroxide, the main effect is free oxygen. It easily interacts with atoms of other substances and oxidizes them. Atomic oxygen ensures the death of pyogenic bacteria and toxins of various origins. Therefore, the peroxide substance is known for its oxidative and antibacterial effects.
Teeth whitening with peroxide is the basis of exposure to most dental gels used to brighten enamel. In clinical bleaching with hydrogen peroxide, a concentrated peroxide solution (up to 38%) is used. This percentage of concentrate allows you to get enamel clarification of up to 15 tones. In teeth whitening by home methods, a weaker solution is used - up to 10%. Therefore, the amount of home whitening does not exceed 8 tones.
Method number 2: activated carbon teeth whitening
Activated carbon is the second available and effective tool used to whiten teeth at home. Activated carbon is widely used for the adsorption of toxins and poisons (alkaloids, drugs, phenols, salts of heavy metals) and teeth whitening at home. Activated carbon has a double effect in the oral cavity.
- neutralizes existing toxins and putrefactive bacteria,
- as an abrasive, it removes the existing coating from enamel.
How to make teeth white with activated carbon tablets? To use the tablets, it is necessary to grind (crush or crush in a mortar) to a powder state. The resulting powder can be used separately or added to a paste. To clean the bristles, the brushes are dipped in water and then in coal powder. The yellow powder is brushed with yellow powder for two to three minutes.
Another option for cleaning the oral cavity and chewing surfaces is to chew two to three tablets of activated carbon.
Method number 3: teeth whitening soda
Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate is also used to whiten teeth at home. The action of soda is manifested in the abrasion of plaque (the enamel is partially removed) and in the antiseptic treatment of the oral cavity. Therefore, with the constant use of soda products, enamel becomes thin and sensitive. Pain appears when the chewing surfaces come in contact with cold, hot, sweet, sour.
How to whiten teeth with soda? To clean, take soda on a wet toothbrush and rub it on the surface of the crown. After the teeth whitening procedure at home, the mouth must be rinsed with clean water to remove soda. If you overdo it, then there is bleeding of the gums, allergic redness and swelling inside the oral cavity.
More gentle are soda rinses. One teaspoon of soda is bred for them in a glass of warm water (30-36ºC). Soda solutions are also recommended as therapeutic procedures for various dental inflammations (gums, roots) or for the treatment of inflammation of the nasopharynx. Soda rinses (due to the low concentration of sodium bicarbonate) do not destroy the enamel and have a whitening effect.
Method number 4: tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic. His bleaching efficiency is average. Oil does not remove the surface layer of enamel, but gradually heals the oral cavity, restores microflora and removes plaque. Therefore, the effect of daily use of the oil will not be noticeable immediately, only after three to four weeks. A feature of this tool is that along with enamel bleaching, the oral cavity heals: bleeding of the gums disappears, and inflammation is cured. This is the healthiest way to clean your mouth and teeth.
Method number 5: a tooth whitening pencil
Enamel bleaching pencil is the most affordable and easiest way to whiten. The pencil contains a urea peroxide gel. This substance emits free atomic oxygen under the light of an LED lamp. It penetrates the enamel and the binding yellow pigment. One application of gel from a pencil allows you to lighten the enamel for 6-10 tones.
Method number 6: whitening gel in mouthguards
An option for using a whitening gel may be mouth guards that are worn on top of the tooth overnight. Before donning, mouthguards are filled with gel. The longer the exposure time of the gel to the chewing surface, the better the whitening effect will manifest itself. We also recommend that you familiarize yourself with the whitening strips.
Method number 7: whitening toothpastes
The composition of the whitening paste has a multidirectional effect on the enamel:
- dissolve existing plaque,
- inhibit the mineralization of already formed plaque,
- does not allow the formation of a new plaque.
In order not to decide how to make your teeth white, you must adhere to the daily rules for caring for the oral cavity (brush your teeth twice a day using a brush of medium hardness, and rinse after eating with saline). In addition, it is important to know the factors that cause yellowing of enamel:
- excessive addiction to coloring products (coffee, tea, chocolate, blueberries, beets, tomatoes, mustard, products with synthetic dyes),
- tetracycline antibiotics,
Adhering to the simple rules of healthy eating, you can save not only teeth, their color, but also their own health
Do you like the article? Subscribe to the channel to keep abreast of the most interesting materials